is the 93 acura intgra a interference engine

raggie33

*the raggedier*
does the valves bend if timeing belt breaks?its the dual over head cam 1.8 litter motor

raggie33

*the raggedier*
darn looks like ill be changeing a timeing belt in a freinds car soon.man ill tell ya one thing for a 4 banger that car movesssssssss

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
be very careful always test by turning the crankshaft by hand. Yup!! these r the ori rice rockets!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol i dread doing the belt lloks like little room and i think this is y first twin cam motor.i always use white out to mark every thing before i remove the stuff . and take it aprt on top dead center compresion .lol playboy i bet ya can put this car in ya truck..

DaFiend

Enlightened
forgive me for my ignorance.... but acura's??? those puppies are just honda's rebadged or something aren't they? Can someone give me the low down on them?

I've seen them on GT3 & and i'm curious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah there rebaged hondas in some cases.but i belive the integra is its own thing

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
don't you have to pull the motor? I know a friend who had a 94 accord and had to have it pulled to change that. Also someone had a civic and the motor had to be pulled to change the water pump!!

cy

Flashaholic
call your local import parts store or parts counter at Acura dealership. ask for the most experienced parts guy, he/she will tell if that particular motor bends valves when you lose a timing belt.

an experienced Acura mechanic will be able to tell you the same info, but odds are unless you know someone. they won't let you access to the mechanic.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, it's a valve bender, if the belt broke under a decent amount of RPM's. If it broke on start-up or idle, it may be o.k.

-dan

Leeoniya

Enlightened
for those who are unaware...

acura=honda
lexus=toyota
infinity=nissan
scion=toyota
audi=VW
subaru=subaru
not sure what the deal is with the Mini Cooper/BMW thing.
porsche=porsche
BMW=BMW (although their body styles are really getting stupid)

also was told that eclipses and eagle talons were made on the same assembly lines. and so were dodge stealths and Mitsu. 3000GTs. i'm sure there is plenty of other stuff. isnt Jeep now Chrysler? and Jaguar is Ford, and Lambourgini=Audi.

it's the greatest marketing ploy on Americans. the masses are the asses.

i believe the Acrua NSX is actually a Honda NSX everywhere but america. although i think the integra-R might be called acura in japan. not too sure of that

eh. i like to dig around and find the actual manufacturers of things, it helps sort through the layers of marketing BS. this goes for everything sold retail or to the average stupid consumer. if you open up any device you'll find a lot of the same components and cross sharing between products in supposedly different and competing areas of the market. for example, it makes deciding easier when you know that all sony CD-RW drives are actually rebadged lite-ons, especially when upgrading firmware.

everyone know that Linksys is Cisco?

ow...my brains...
Leon