Poor man's M6 on sale, $15 Vectorlite at Target

cy

Flashaholic
Poor man\'s M6 on sale, $15 Vectorlite at Target

Poor man's M6 on sale, $15 Vectorlite at Target. Aluminum bodied three stage with nite-lite. Puts out lumens close to Surefire M6 Lola. Very handy size with quality aluminum construction.

Yes the mighty Thor puts out more lumens, but is too huge for most tasks. This light can be used for tent duties. Comes with car and home charge.

One of the best buys I've seen in quite awhile. also mini-mags are $7.90 at Target.

Note dome light on side.

vectorlite.JPG

bole64

Newly Enlightened
Re: Poor man\'s M6 on sale, $15 Vectorlite at Targe

I have the Vectorlite too. It is a nice light, but the charge does not last that long. But it is bright. All i want now is an M6. It is going to take me 3 months to save up for it, but i think it will be worth it. How does the beam on the vectorlite compare to the m6's? this will tell me how badly i want one.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice score! Boy, you can't go wrong for $15.00 for that thing.

db

Newly Enlightened

Hmm.. I paid $20 for mine on clearance a couple of weeks ago. It has the ColdCathodeFlouresent area light. The packaging claims 8 hours runtime for it..
Not as much output as the magcharger w/1160 bulb.
Kinda wish I'd saved my $$.

cy

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
bole64 said:
I have the Vectorlite too. It is a nice light, but the charge does not last that long. But it is bright. All i want now is an M6. It is going to take me 3 months to save up for it, but i think it will be worth it. How does the beam on the vectorlite compare to the m6's? this will tell me how badly i want one.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no comparison in beam quality to Surefire M6. SF is beter in every way except throw. There Vectorlite holds it's own.

Naturally M6 with Hola will blow Vectorlite away. But for $15 VS $390 to be even on the same page is a compliment for Vectorlite.

I've got a mint Surefire M6 available. Please PM if interested.

onebigtrk

Newly Enlightened

I bought the same light at Home Depot sold with a Husky name on it. I bought it for firefighting. So far it has done well. Only time will tell. I hate I payed $7.00 more at Home Depot!

dlong

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
db said:
Hmm.. I paid $20 for mine on clearance a couple of weeks ago. It has the ColdCathodeFlouresent area light. The packaging claims 8 hours runtime for it..
Not as much output as the magcharger w/1160 bulb.
Kinda wish I'd saved my $$.

[/ QUOTE ]

I picked one up this past week and it doesn't come with the CCFL -- it has what looks like a neon light. Going to return it. Probably isn't a neon -- the bulb is just in a 'fuse' like package which makes me think of neon lights. I can't remember the name/style/type of the bulb.

Target also has the 1.5Mil on clearance for $18 with the same worklight as described above. It has 2 6V3AH in series - the bulb is a 12V, not 6V.

While in a bigger, uglier package and is ABS plastic, I'm going to pickup the Vector Sports Spot Light from PepBoys for $7 AR. It has a larger SLA (6V4.5AH) vs 6V3AH (vectorlite) but no worklight. I was thinking of ripping out the battery and hooking it up to a Coleman CCFL Lantern for about 12 hours of runtime.

-d