• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Is this normal

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my LE kit for assembling my Aleph II.
I also ordered a empty standard tail cap in black.

On looking at it, there is a hole drilled and threaded in the end.

When the threads were cut, they marked up a flat area adjacent to the threaded hole.

I can not believe this is 'normal'

tailcap.jpg

Barefootone

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Anglepoise said:
Just received my LE kit for assembling my Aleph II.
I also ordered a empty standard tail cap in black.

On looking at it, there is a hole drilled and threaded in the end.

When the threads were cut, they marked up a flat area adjacent to the threaded hole.

I can not believe this is 'normal'

If I have not explained properly , I will take a photo.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> </font>
Hey Anglepoise,
What you describe is perfectly normal for the Aleph tail caps. I have three of them and they are all the same. It is just an inherent part of the drilling process to create the ¼x20 threaded hole for a lanyard & other attachments. Not to worry you didn't get a dud. On a brighter note have fun building your new Aleph 2. I hope this has answered your question.
Keep-em bright in the night

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif,
Jeff

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Barefootone said:

Hey Anglepoise,
What you describe is perfectly normal for the Aleph tail caps. I have three of them and they are all the same. It is just an inherent part of the drilling process to create the ¼x20 threaded hole for a lanyard & other attachments. Not to worry you didn't get a dud. On a brighter note have fun building your new Aleph 2. I hope this has answered your question.
Keep-em bright in the night

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif,
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Everything else being such hight quality, I presumed that this might be OK.

Yes......Got everything ready to start soldering and potting up tomorrow morning.

Hopefully by evening I will be able to post how my Aleph II with Wiz 2, 750 ma is working.