Just received JIL CR2 1.3W. Nice.

alberto

Enlightened
Just got my JIL CR2 (Serial #0193) -- from Korea in 3 days -- and am more than pleased with the brightness, finish, construction quality, Luxeon color, and included clip. But, more than anything else, the small size for such a capable light. I'm actually amazed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Second that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernie

Robban

Enlightened
I was going to get one but then Orb showed up with his new Raw and I had to go for that one instead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I might still get one though, if the price goes down a bit.

Niteowl

Enlightened
Up 'till now, I've never carried a "pocket" light every day (I always have a couple handy though). The JIL-CR2 has taken up permanent residence in my pocket. This is one sweet illuminating tool!

Robban, I thought I'd wait for the price to come down before I bought another, I don't see that happening like it did with the Q-III. As soon as the up-graded version come out, I'm getting another.

Mark

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine came today, and I am very impressed too. The machining and finishing, inside and out, appear to be of extremely high quality. And for close to 1/4 the price of the Katokichi Ichishiki I bought earlier. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

It is a hair longer than the KI, and its hotspot not quite as well hot and well defined, but it otherwise seems to be an equal.

2dim

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Robban, I thought I'd wait for the price to come down before I bought another, I don't see that happening like it did with the Q-III. As soon as the up-graded version come out, I'm getting another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I hear someone say those magical words "GROUP BUY"...???

naromtap

Enlightened
Mine has been put to work..
DSC00311.JPG

..fine little light!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Robban said:
I might still get one...if the price goes down a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Niteowl said:
Up 'till now, I've never carried a "pocket" light every day (I always have a couple handy though). The JIL-CR2 has taken up permanent residence in my pocket. This is one sweet illuminating tool!

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah guys, given its warm reception so far I think the price will go Up if anything. And the scale and assembly method is nothing like the Q-III, which was more a mass-produced light made in the tens of thousands first and then looking for buyers. Instead, as mentioned earlier either here or in another thread, the serializing of the Jils runs only a little past a couple hundred, maybe less, which clearly puts things in perspective.

I would get one before they grow even further out of reach...

Robban

Enlightened
Well if in that case I'll just have to be happy without one. With my name already on the Raw list I really can't afford it :/

Out of curiosity though, how does its output compare to the QIII?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
[ QUOTE ]
Robban said:
I might still get one...if the price goes down a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Niteowl said:

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah guys, given its warm reception so far I think the price will go Up if anything. And the scale and assembly method is nothing like the Q-III, which was more a mass-produced light made in the tens of thousands first and then looking for buyers. Instead, as mentioned earlier either here or in another thread, the serializing of the Jils runs only a little past a couple hundred, maybe less, which clearly puts things in perspective.

I would get one before they grow even further out of reach...

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree (a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) I think if US distributor find's this light to be a good seller,, a batt station or advancemart
eled's, etc, I can see a price decress as with the KC-1 or Q-III, that with a larger buying power as was the case in beating the 60 dollar barrier on the Q-III, i don't see why not of course depending on the company it's self.
Never say never.VDG

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey Voods,

No big deal in disagreeing, and normally your train of thought would be absolutely correct. I just think in the case of JILs it depends on the quantities in which the light is made.

From what I can gather, these JILs are nearly hand-built from pre-machined parts, only a few hundred so far, and if it continues in this production trend and costs thus remain the same, then due to demand (can't keep up) prices may adjust upwards a little to justify the constant "work".

But if a big U.S. (or other) distributor guarantees it will be ordering ten thousand units every quarter or similar, then HunSu will of course have to expand whatever his production methods are to meet this new quota and costs will then indeed drop.

I just can't wait that long to play with the newest and latest lights though, so I pony up the dang $78 (or whatever it is, I forget now)...

As I told my wife more than once, the latest computer/whatever-it-is will indeed get cheaper if I wait. In fact, one day years from now when I am on my deathbed I'll be able to buy that same computer for just - one dollar! And then I'll be able to play with it for just - one minute. Because by then all the excitement will cause my heart-rate monitor to go flatline...

I am just personally fearful of regretting things I coulda/woulda/shoulda done-bought-enjoyed so I "buy'em both whenever I can, which is exactly what I did with these JIL-Lites.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Hey Voods,

No big deal in disagreeing, and normally your train of thought would be absolutely correct. I just think in the case of JILs it depends on the quantities in which the light is made.

From what I can gather, these JILs are nearly hand-built from pre-machined parts, only a few hundred so far, and if it continues in this production trend and costs thus remain the same, then due to demand (can't keep up) prices may adjust upwards a little to justify the constant "work".

But if a big U.S. (or other) distributor guarantees it will be ordering ten thousand units every quarter or similar, then HunSu will of course have to expand whatever his production methods are to meet this new quota and costs will then indeed drop.

I just can't wait that long to play with the newest and latest lights though, so I pony up the dang $78 (or whatever it is, I forget now)...

As I told my wife more than once, the latest computer/whatever-it-is will indeed get cheaper if I wait. In fact, one day years from now when I am on my deathbed I'll be able to buy that same computer for just - one dollar! And then I'll be able to play with it for just - one minute. Because by then all the excitement will cause my heart-rate monitor to go flatline...

I am just personally fearful of regretting things I coulda/woulda/shoulda done-bought-enjoyed so I "buy'em both whenever I can, which is exactly what I did with these JIL-Lites.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That info on the quality and such, (which is good i bought a jillite a few days ago) put's me in TOTAL agreement with you Mr bulk!
I know they looked good but didn't know they "are" good. I learn so much here, and have and incresed my FL knowledge so much from the like's of you, Chop, hoghead,
KevinL and many more!
Glad i am getting a very good light! thanks bro! VDG

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, proud owner of a jil lite 1.3. I am newer to light's but getting better at spotting one. This light is a real find. first off it size was so small even after my lesson learned when i bought surfire E2d an E1e's, i was still freaked at the size. It has so many plus's i can over look minor detail's (len's is a little scratched, or stress cracked lightly (hard to see)lux is off center just a wee bit, and machining though pretty good, will get a treatment
i do to make them smoother, and less prone to cause debris.

I was not ready for what came out he front. I guess I
didn't pay attention to the 1.3 driven 3W luxeon.
It's white, real white, white like my hds, and my best KL-1.

It's twist action is pretty good, but make sure it stops at the end of travel, it will flicker a little if not.
But the beam is just perfect for it's use, and then some.
although it's more floodish, (remind's me of a Q-III but better beam quality), and just as bright. But it has enough throw for throw man like me, i see it as a EDC in any way a KL-1 or Q-III or ARC LS is. But at such a diminutive size
I seem's sureal.

I have never owned a KI or LL or FF2/Cr2 but from opinion's
of CPF owner's of these boutique light's that have a jil, the jil lite hold's it's own, and even surpass's some of them, make's me happy that a production light is available that can stand with the big boy's, makes high end proformance available to
those that don't have fund's for some of these lights

Anyway no regrets! VDG

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Robban said:
how does its output compare to the QIII?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know this as well. How does the 1.3 Jil compare in output to a Q3 running a standard 123 cell?

Niteowl

Enlightened
IMO it's about 2/3 as bright/throw with much more spill (similar to an IMS SO17XA, but less intense hotspot). Out of necessity, it has a much smaller reflector which limits it's throw.

For being much smaller than the Q-III, it really puts out! I don't have my Q-III handy right now as I lent it to a friend for the weekend in an attempt to convert him. So....YMMV!

Mark

coachbigdog

Enlightened
All I can say is WOW! I had no idea it was this small! It may not hold up as well as the TNC AA I sold, but to me, it has way more "wow" factor to it.I want 2 or 3 more!