Can the KL1.v4 and KL6 be modded?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking to increase the current to these modules, can it be done like with the older KL1s? Near SNII output from my KL6 would be sweet. So would X200 like output for the KL1.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've modded a KL1 before and it was a PITA. I don't think I'll be doing anymore of those.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Chop said:
I've modded a KL1 before and it was a PITA. I don't think I'll be doing anymore of those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chop,

Did I ever thank you for doing that? THANK YOU! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeff

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
It isn't anything like the older KL1 mods. It's a real PITA modding the newer KL1s.

On the "test" KL1 that I had, I didn't really have a chance to go through the converter and figure out a really "good" mod for it.

As a practical matter, the newer KL1 is a like it or leave it proposition.

wquiles

Flashaholic
On the KL6, you can increase the current from the "conservative" stock value of about 665mA, to a 1A or 1.2A current by modifying the resistors in the stock circuit, but you do it at your own risk since that would probably dramatically reduce the life of the LED given the increased heat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif

So you can increase the current to 1.2A to gain approx 50% more light but might kill the LED /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

The only good thing about this "mod" is that the KL6 head is a HUGE heat sink /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Will