Wendy's Chilli**No tender Stomachs**

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Wendy\'s Chilli**No tender Stomachs**

Waiter There's a Finger in my Chilli
[ QUOTE ]
San Francisco - A diner at a Wendy's fast food restaurant in San Jose, California, found a human finger in a bowl of chilli prepared by the chain, local officials said on Wednesday.

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to manage a Wendy's and I can't imagine how this could have happened 15 years ago but I don't know how they prepare it now.
A couple other links with follow up.
Was finger cooked with Chilli?
Authorities seek hand with missing finger

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Wendy\'s Chilli**No tender Stomachs**

I'd be calling my lawyer if I were that guy. If someone gets away with a million dollars from a couple of maggots in a hamburger I certainly would want at least a million for some guys finger in my chili.

StuU

Enlightened

A lot of the meat used in these concoctions comes from places like Central America. You may be getting the parts of 1,000 different cows in a serving of Wendy's Chili. The fingers are probably those of a Third-world peasant who was unable to side-step the whirling blades.....

Of course, then there is the possibility of the South America drug mafia discovering a new way of disposing of corpses.
Stu

DaGeek

Enlightened

Yukk!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast

Damn!!! Don't you just hate it when you order a finger and it comes with all that chilli?!?!?!?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

At first I thought it read finger-nail. Now I see it's the full package! Glad I don't eat chilli!

"You a look a like you want some all-you-can-eat-chill!"
"You look like a chilli growin' boy!"

Perhaps Ed Bojoun is cooking it? (wonder if any one knows what I'm talking about?)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

Gads. I'm almost hoping that it was a sick joke using a part from a cadaver and not a bigger issue with the whole supply chain. Either way it's astonishing that nobody caught it before it reached the customer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hate to say this, but there are a lot of other common food types and products with "mystery" meats in them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
I'll be watching what I eat more often.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened

Kind of makes me want to go back to the good old days of just maybe finding a bug or a hair in your food.And now the obvious question-Did it taste like chicken? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

...gives a new meaning to "finger lickin' good" and "finger food" eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
StuU said:
A lot of the meat used in these concoctions comes from places like Central America. You may be getting the parts of 1,000 different cows in a serving of Wendy's Chili. The fingers are probably those of a Third-world peasant who was unable to side-step the whirling blades.....

Of course, then there is the possibility of the South America drug mafia discovering a new way of disposing of corpses.
Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

really? i was under the impression that fast food places had access to some of the finest quality meats available in the US.

or maybe that's just McDonald's? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast

my brother worked at wendys and the meat in the chili is scrap hamburger patties.
the chili base comes in a gallon can and other componants are added from cans.accident in the canning facility?

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
...gives a new meaning to "finger lickin' good" and "finger food" eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

AHHHHH!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

DaFiend

Enlightened

Everyone remember the McDonalds "chicken head" incident?

Mwuhahahahahah.

Anyone that works in a food handling job can tell you lots of stuff like this happens......

" Errrrr...... duh ..... Where's my bandaid......?"

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened

Chef's surprise is the unanounced special on the menu tonight,Ralphie lost his hair net again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif