Best Place to Purchase Denim Jacket

Malpaso

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
i like Cabela's assortment of denim jackets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cabela's carries Carhart also, which I find to be the best quality and value, if you're looking for function and not fashion.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beware of Levi's denim jackets. I've got an old one, and maybe they have changed this by now, but...

On the inside of the jacket are "pockets" (well, at any rate, it's stitched fabric that is open at the top, but the top isn't as hemmed/finished -- is that the right term ?? -- as the rest of the jacket) on each side. These are nice and deep, but there is an approx. 1" long section at the lower end of one side of each pocket that is not stiched closed. Just to be clear -- it's on the side of the pocket, not on the bottom. And can anyone figure out why they would have done this? It was the same on all the Levi's jackets I look at when I bought mine.

Keys will fall through. Pens will fall through. Your prized EDC light may fall through, too.

Before you buy one, check the pockets to see if they still have that section that's not stitched closed.

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
Have you taken a look at the LL bean catalog for their Denim Work Jacket?
I have one of those, it falls just below the beltline so it's not short. Plenty of room in the inside pockets and outside pockets and comes in colors.
just a suggestion, the one I have is almost 8 yrs old.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ray,
The last time I was in a J.C. Penney's they had about any kind of denim jacket you could imagine.