new HID tactical light ?

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
4 123's, 450 lumens, 110 minutes runtime at 10w? these numbers sound s little optimistic to say the least, remember the Mag2d-HID was about 25w and put out a little less than that, and the reputation of the overseas manufacturers in their advertising does not give me confidence in its claims.

Nick

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I copied the actual email that was sent to me from micofire.cn Perhaps, some vendors can call the company and get more info. The website lacks info.

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are a team of developer and manufacturer specialized in advanced HID (High Intensity Discharge) lighting technology as well as Xenon lamp applications in tactical flashlights and searchlights.

The Xenon-lamp has been widely applied to tactical flashlights, which designed for multi-purpose especially for law enforcement, SWAT and military missions, outdoor, camping, hunting activities, personal safety, etc.

Designed to hold up to the extreme demands of the tactical flashlights and searchlights, our innovated HID technology makes it possible to develop and manufacture tactical flashlight with HID lamps, which produces 3 - 4 times the light output compared to the average halogen lamp. This technology allows equipment to operate more safely with less load on the electrical system resulting in optimum alternator and battery life, as a new generation innovation for tactical flashlights.

We aim at manufacturing the world top tactical flashlight of high technology and reliability, and our line of lights features:
A. Multi--use with Xenon, HID and LED-light
B. Dual-powered using rechargeable LRB Li-ion as well as disposable lithium batteries
C. Environmental friendly long-lasting rechargeable Li-ion batteries
D. Low reoccurring operation costs
E. Multi-mode switch: Morse and continuous, remote gun cable
F. Safety Lock-out function

We adhere to consistent innovation and technological refinement. High quality, reliability, high light output and light-weight are always our pursuit. We are eager to share our technical advantages with interested parties to promote our technology applications.

We welcome your inquiry for further information.

Thanks and best regards,
Jack Guo

International Sales Manager
MicroFire Technology Company, Ltd.
B-21D,The First World Plaza
Xinzhou Road, Futian
Shenzhen, 518034 China
Tel: 0086-755-8296 9722
Fax: 0086-755-8296 9733
http://www.microfire.cn
Email: [email protected]

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
270winchester said:
4 123's, 450 lumens, 110 minutes runtime at 10w? these numbers sound s little optimistic to say the least, remember the Mag2d-HID was about 25w and put out a little less than that, and the reputation of the overseas manufacturers in their advertising does not give me confidence in its claims.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

the mag2d-hid/mini-hid is 10w and puts out 550lumens using WA solarc
ballast.

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
270winchester said:

[/ QUOTE ]

450-500 lumens is fairly standard for 10 watt HID bulbs. Actual output will be somewhat lower due to losses in the optics, but it's in the right ballpark.

As for runtime, a pack of four CR123A batteries stores around 17Whr. If the balast is 80% efficient, it will draw around 13W in steady state (starting will be much higher), or around .75C. There's clearly no way that a 17Whr pack can supply 13W for 110 minutes. I couldn't find any data on the Peukert capacity of CR123As to calculate a definitive answer, but it seems reasonable to estimate runtime to be on the order of an hour.

The "overseas" manufacturer isn't obviously bending the truth any further than most American companies.

AW

Newly Enlightened
Humm... I think I 'll go to their office to see for myself next week. If it 's good, I'll buy one right there ( should be around $300 ).

Vrt

Newly Enlightened
As for the runtime issue. Warrior specification from http://www.microfire.cn/Warrior.html:

[ QUOTE ]

Accessories options: K1-CR123A battery housing for 4 x CR123A Lithium battery (runtime 60 minutes)

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe 110 min runtime is for Li-Ion battery.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya I want to see that too. Xenon short arc lights start fast but HID? Prove it. My MiniHID takes 30 seconds to warm up. My X990 about 12 seconds. Maxabeam, howerver (Short Arc) is Instant Flame On!

phyhsuts

Enlightened
Anybody noticed that the light is supposed to run on Lithium ion battery for 110 minutes and only 60 minutes on 4x CR123As?? This later is stated clearly on their website but the fact that the light uses Li+ battery first and CR123As as an option may not be too obvious. Depending on the design of the ballast, the 60 minutes on CR123A may seem a little optimistic, but assuming the use of three 2Ah Li+ cells, 110 minutes on rechargeables would appear to be within the ballpark.

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
NikolaTesla said:
Ya I want to see that too. Xenon short arc lights start fast but HID?

[/ QUOTE ]

Xenon short arc lights are HID. They are, however, the only varity of HID lights that will start rapidly.

The closest this light is going to get to instant on to full power is something akin to what automotive MH HID headlamps manage: light immediately, but full power somewhat later.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
This seems like a possible alternative to the SF M6. M6=6 batteries for 20 mins vs 4 batteries for 60 mins. :-O

What is the price and availability on this critter?

Thanks,

-john

Burnt_Retinas

Enlightened
Quality is important to me. The concept is exactly the MiniHID combo for 10W HID/4X Li batteries, but can China match the quality of the leaders for design, build workmanship (including reflectors) and finish all together? They haven't yet in all these years I've been waiting.

Interested to see this one.

No regulation though, so I'd have to mod it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolf Eyes are well known around here. A few people have the Dragon HID light already. They're pretty good from what I hear.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Chinchilla,
welcome.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope you have fun browsing the forums. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wolfeyes is a pretty well known name on CPF, and their HID light has been discussed a few times as I recall. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif A search might reveil extra info...

Please let us know your findings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif