OK what's the Deal" OMBU or NUWAI ?

C

CountyComm

OK what\'s the Deal\" OMBU or NUWAI ?

One of my customers said they got an OMBU light from us
But we do not sell OMBU ..Yes We have some Nuwai Lights....I think there is a problem Houston" ...He won't send it back to us because he said it has a two stage tail switch and wanted to know if we had more .... I know Nuwai is a Chinese Made light but he said the light he got from us says Spain...Something Fishy...I think there is a mix up at the Factory or what....

A

Advancedmart

Re: OK what\'s the Deal\" OMBU or NUWAI ?

I have heard the same factory makes both bodys for 2 Cell 3W Nuwai and 3W 2 cell OMBU. I was unware there was a single cell 2 stage Ombu 3W.

OMBU design comes from spain, I think some parts as well.
The OMBU lights are just wide flood, the nuwais have a hot spot and spill. That one of the major differences that I noticed.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am

As Advancedmart said, the OMBU X-33 and the equivalent Nuwai TM301X-3 appear to have similar bodies, with two stage rear (tail) switch, and use two 3V Lithium batteries.

The OMBU X-33 has lettering engraved on the bezel -
"Ledwave X-33 Pat. Pending-Spain-"
and engraving on the tail -
"www.led-and-xenon.com"

Thw Nuwai TM301X-3 does not have engraving, apart from " 3Watt" on the clip (as does the OMBU).

OMBU X-33, has been available for several months. Nuwai TM301X-3 has only just become available within the last week or so.

If this guy has an X-33, and you are certain that you've never sold any OMBU's, then this guy must be mistaken about the place he bought it from.

It is unlikely that he has a Nuwai TM301X-3, as they have just been released, and you do not appear to sell them anyway. Plus the TM301X-3 does not have any engraving that indicates Country of manufacture (etc).

Bottom line? This guy is mistaken or . . pulling your leg!

C

CountyComm

Well they look the same to me ...OMBU might put some special twist to the light but not sure ...I think that all my NUwai light are Chinese for sure But Ombu ?????Spain Not so sure.... I suspect they are all made in the same place ..But not sure..Why would I have got an OMBU light in my batch of lights...???? Oh well who knows just some thoughts ....

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ahhhhhh. So there is some funcitional difference between the Ombu 2xCR123 2 stage 3w light and the Nuwai version. Another recent thread asked about differences and no conclusion was made regarding functional differences.

Thanks for the clarification.

C

CountyComm

Well I have not seen it. It was all just over the phone ..He did not indicate that it was engraved at all. I think he was talking about the packaging ....Maybe he was drunk but I would like to think not....

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

The TM-301X-3 has been available online for quite a while, 6 months at least.

On the site of the real manufacture of these "Nuwai" and "OMBU" lights there are some that say Ledwave on them.

I think OMBU is feeding people a bunch of BS about the lights being made, or assembled, or even having been in the country of Spain.

Boomer

Newly Enlightened

There are numerous treads in the CPF about the origins of the Q-III, TM301X-3 (Q-III's Mother) and other Nuwai lights.

One recent thread indicated that Shykuang Enterprise Co., Ltd., http://www.shykuang.com.tw/index.html manufactures the lights and Nuwai International Company, Ltd., http://www.nuwai.com.tw distributes them.

GlowBug, http://www.glowbug.com claims to be the authorized American importer for OMBU lights.

I purchased a Q-III from CountyComm last December and it has become my principal EDC light. I bought a TM301X-3 online from Hong Kong in February and it will become my car light if I ever stop playing with it and stick it in my car.

The_virus

Enlightened

I spent some time trying to find out just where these lights come from. The number of names under which you can find these lights is exhausting, but as far as I could tell, the lights are actually MADE in Taiwan by Shykuang. Nuwai is a trading company that distributes the lights.

However...I have heard that there are tactics used in many fields to change the labelling on products. For example, if a company gets the parts of a flashlight shipped to them, and then the lights are assembled in Spain, then the packaging can say "Made in Spain". I've heard this is used sometimes to avoid the stigma behind "Made in China" with consumers. I can't say any of this is for sure, but it seems plausible to say the least.

It could also be that Shykuang/Nuwai/whoever has an assembly or manufacturing plant in Spain, which is where the label comes from.

I'd say that Shykuang probably tinkers with their products and will make special changes to meet the demands of certain companies they provide product for. Ombu and Nuwai may be the same company, but catering to different sets of companies. Perhaps one of the companies requested a two stage switch and Shykuang complied, but ONLY to that one distributor?

Check out the topic I started last week, the subject was "RadioShack to carry Q3 clone?" It appears that RadioShacks in Canada will be carrying a Nuwai Quantum III but the appearance has been slightly altered. RadioShack Canada already carries some Nuwai products under their own Nexxtech brand, so I'm convinced it's just a "special edition" or whatnot of the Q3, changed so that RadioShack would have their own look to the same product.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Advancedmart said:
OMBU design comes from spain, I think some parts as well.
The OMBU lights are just wide flood, the nuwais have a hot spot and spill. That one of the major differences that I noticed.

[/ QUOTE ] Has anybody else noticed this Ombu flood vs Nuwai spot difference?