Information on finding switches

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need an education on finding a variety of pushbutton switches for flashlight creation. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jon

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Hello, here is link to Digikey catalog excerpt for switches. It's almost all technical info/specs. There are some pictures. In that mess somewhere I found a switch to put in my Q3 for two levels. It just took me about 30 minutes to find it.

I think it's just a matter of defining your needs. You said pushbutton so that's one. Latching, momentary, combination of both, normally open, normally closed, travel distance of button, tension or feel of button, tactile(clicking) or smooth action.

Sorry I'm rambling...

Good luck, I'll be watching so I can help out if I can.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a good start. What I am looking for is not for a single project but where to find them in general. Many different switches should be needed over time.

Thanks

Ctechlite

Enlightened
If you have a great enough need, there are switch manufacturers that will do custom orders. I'll have to go thru my history folder to find the one I saw. I think the Kroll switches were a custom order from one such company.

Pajamas

Newly Enlightened
What about mag charger switches?

I want one to put in a 3D mag so I can use bipin WA bulbs....

Hikaru

Newly Enlightened
Ctechlite,

Do you remember which switch you ordered for the Q3? A product code would sure help me out--I'm looking to do the same mod.

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif