• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McFlood Reflector?

smitty244

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I've been searching for a good flood reflector (I will be using a royal blue minimag and any sort of hotspot makes it too bright to make things glow visibly) and I kept finding reference to the McFlood reflector, is it available at the Shoppe or anywhere anymore? Thanks!

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can actually turn any reflector into a flood reflector. If you can't find a McFlood, then you could use either an IMS 17mm or 20mm reflector in your mini mag. All I do to make them flood reflectors is to paint the surface of the reflector with metallic paint, in the case of the plastic reflectors. With metal reflectors, the easy way is to just remove the reflector coating with sandpaper and finish off with some 600 or finer grit. You could also sandblast the reflector. Anything that adds a lot of texture will do the job.

Of course, you could always just run the light without any reflector or optic at all. The only drawback would be that you'd have to use some sort of switch with the light.