Desert Camo X990

larryk

Enlightened
Got a email today from Brightguy about a sale on the Desert Camo X990. Looks real nice. The reason I sold my X990 is I didn't care for the color. Larry. web page

jtice

Flashaholic
hmm interesting.

you sold you r last one, due to not liking the color? lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Personally I like my original one better, I like the chromed head, the camo one reminds me of too many other cheapo plastic camo products.

Nice to have the option though.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still a great price though, even with only one battery.

I looked at the picture again and the light does look very very plasticky. I think they should have used darker camo.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at that price!!!

Too bad I already have one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeff

habuviper

Newly Enlightened
I don't know. If he sells the Battery for $118 then the battery is the price diff and it shoulg go for $377 with the one battery.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Necessary, no. Wanted, yes. Why not have an extra so you can continue using it when the first one goes dead. In theory, you could use one batt all up, throw it on the charger, and before the second one dies, the first is already all charged up and ready to go.

Cameron

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bobisculous said:
In theory, you could use one batt all up, throw it on the charger, and before the second one dies, the first is already all charged up and ready to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you couldn't. It takes at least 4 hours to charge and the battery only lasts 60-70 minutes.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheesehead said:
Why bother with the x990?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks better
Smaller
Lighter
Batteries interchangeable
Adjustable flood-spot
Warranteed
Better quality housing
Carrying case
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get both, carry both, use both, and then you will take the question seriously. The Thor has a better spot, and, well, that's the bottom line, but,...

Looks better - well, except for the "camo" version, I'll save that for my daughters to carry.
Smaller - I guess, but they are both stupid big for lights.
Lighter - I thought I would sense a big difference, but to be honest, the Thor doesn't seem that much heavier carrying the 2 side by side. I think it's better balanced, maybe my daughters can tell the difference.
Batteries interchangeable - because the x990 doesn't run as long as the Thor.
Adjustable flood-spot - again the x990 is adjustable "flood" to more "flood". Just not that great of a "spot".
Warranteed - well, for $400-500, it better be have a warranty.
Better quality housing - yup, agree there, but neither one is waterproof.
Carrying case - kinda nice too.

sorka

Newly Enlightened
Wow, you were serious. Obviously you don't have both. I have a Thor and I've played with an X990. Their size and weight difference don't even make them comparable. You can at least carry an x990 like a normal flashlight. The Thor is so big and heavy that you have LUG it around.

I suppose if I wanted a really bright portable light I'd certainly consider a modded Thor if I couldn't afford an X990.

[ QUOTE ]
cheesehead said:
Get both, carry both, use both, and then you will take the question seriously. The Thor has a better spot, and, well, that's the bottom line, but,...

Looks better - well, except for the "camo" version, I'll save that for my daughters to carry.
Smaller - I guess, but they are both stupid big for lights.
Lighter - I thought I would sense a big difference, but to be honest, the Thor doesn't seem that much heavier carrying the 2 side by side. I think it's better balanced, maybe my daughters can tell the difference.
Batteries interchangeable - because the x990 doesn't run as long as the Thor.
Adjustable flood-spot - again the x990 is adjustable "flood" to more "flood". Just not that great of a "spot".
Warranteed - well, for $400-500, it better be have a warranty.
Better quality housing - yup, agree there, but neither one is waterproof.
Carrying case - kinda nice too.

[/ QUOTE ]

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both (and carry both and use both). That was the point of the post. I honestly didn't feel a big difference carrying the 2 lights, and that surprised me (I expected a huge difference). But like I said, maybe my daughters (3 and 6) and YOU can feel the difference. If I had difficulty lifting 11 lbs, well yes, a x990 would make everything so much better. Eh, I have both and prefer the Thor, just much nicer beam.