Silly Pill Case Project for E Series

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Silly Pill Case Project

Thanks for your comments.
The lanyard ring was the simplest design I could think of without milling. Similar to the Ichishiki but the build process must be much cruder (I just stuck a shaft of wire through the two ends and pulled the center up with a pair of plyers, hence the angle).
Wish I was skilled enough to add some knurling..

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

Nekomane, nice job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Yeah, some knurling will be so cute in this small body /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
We will wait patiently to see the end of this project /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice!

I am certainly no expert, but if you angled the the holes slightly, instead of drilling them straight thru, it seems like the lanyard loop would be more difficult to pull out accidently.

Bill

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bill, great idea. Never thought about that. I am also considering to add more meat where the shaft goes through.
Frenchy.. Did I say Ti /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

Ti, you did say Ti ??? Yeah........I am in for one..but I haven't a Surefire Ti Head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Maybe you have to build a head too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Oh ... nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif !
Although I am a bit late for the party ... I am still in, should tis go any further! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernie

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmm Ti... Just asked the machine shop and was told it will be very expensive. And this is for ordinary Ti, not 6-4. Sounds fun though and no promises, but I may have a few made.