Card Making?

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone here ever make greeting cards? I know there are various programs that do such, but I don't have any idea as to what are the good ones.

I would like to make cards that have Bible verses and appropriate pictures. I am not looking for ecards.

Thanks,
Jerry

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
>Anyone here ever make greeting cards?

Yes

>I know there are various programs that do such, but
> I don't have any idea as to what are the good ones.

I've done it with just a basic graphics program and a little enthusiasm. It's not hard. You turn the page around for the different parts and fold it after you print it out. You print a few test copies as you go along 'till you figure it out. When you've got it perfect you print it on good paper.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been making them for years and the program I like the best, and have used since '95, is The Print Shop. There are several versions from about $20 to $100. I've used "Deluxe" for a long time and have found it very user friendly and comprehensive.

Good luck with your project.
-LT

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
if i was going to make a card, it had to be good, 2 days later it was :)
i used a dye sublimation printer, 4 pictures fed through photoshop, to create 4 perfect photos of the correct size 4" x 6" and added drop shadowed text in photoshop.
then cut out 2 pieces of aluminum sheet metal and assembled it all with 2 premium sheets of avery lamanate.
that card is going to be around in 2154 :)
just dont try and take it on a airliner.