LH Question

dimebag

Newly Enlightened
After a long while of owning no Lion Hearts I now suddenly have three. Yeah, I'm gonna be hating it when the next AMEX bill comes along /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif. Anyway, here's the question...
Not all three of the LHs work the same. Two of them have an adjustable brightness from very dim to full blast and you can stop at any point in that range. The other LH has 5 distinct brightness levels and it always comes on at a medium level, unlike the other two. Are the two that are alike V1 Firmware and the other one V2? Or is one of them just tweaked in some strange way? Even if it is I kind of like it. Does anyone know why it's different? BTW, the "different" one is #147.

Thanks,

DB

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
You obviously didn't receive instructions with your LH. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

These are the two modes of operation for the LionHeart. Config0 and Config1. For more info on how to switch between them, as well as other features of the LionHeart, read the instructions in PDF format here or word format here.

X33

Enlightened
Yep, the one where it goes smoothly from dim to bright is the default mode my LH came with. The one with the 5 distinct levels where it comes on on low is the 'advanced' mode. I prefer the advanced mode.
Enjoy

dimebag

Newly Enlightened
Man, I never expected there would be so much to know about these lights. Thanks for steering me in the right direction. One final question if that's OK. How would one know the difference between V1 and V2 firmware?

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
See the LionHeart V2 thread.

I believe that the easiest way to differentiate between the two is the way you access the menu. In V1, you needed to unscrew the battery tube and then screw it back in while holding down the button. For V2, it's just a series of 3 button clicks after the light has been turned on for a few seconds.

V2 manual available in PDF format here.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thanks guys for helping out with Dimebag's questions. Dimebag, what they said - and welcome to the world of The Lion Den...yeah, yeah I know everybody - corny, Corny, CORNY!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

BTW one easy way to tell if you've got the upgraded V.2 firmware - if you're using the 5-level interface, press and hold for a second, then release. The light will go to max brightness, but on V.1 it goes back down to the last brightness level you were using as soon as you let up on the button switch. On V.2 it will latch on High until you either turn it off with a click, or press and hold briefly again whereupon it will revert to and relatch on the previous (lower) brightness.

HTH'd...

Latest posts