• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Jil REV (Direct Drive)

MY

Enlightened
Keep looking. Short of having a LL CR2, I think that this is the smallest CR2 form factor light out there. I think that the Jil's Lux III has too low of vf (J) for DD as the light gets hot quickly and does not run that long on a RCR2 - - but very, very bright. I am trying to get a L vf Lux to put in to see if the heat and runtime issues will be much better. On primary cells, the Jil puts out quite a bit of light for a real long time, decreasing in output though.

The Jils are the best valued light out there.

Regards.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Thanks MY. One of my Jil CR2 lights are running nicely with a MadMax Lite TWOJ sandwich. I lose the 2-stage switch capability that the FF-II CR2 has, but I have a light that is lighter in weight, shorter and less in diameter at the tail-end.

My name is on the list for a few Rev-DD, but I was thinking someone may have one that they're not using or want.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I think the Raws will be brighter still, not just from the U-bin equipped standpoint, but also the fact it will sport a larger reflector (20mm?) designed for throw rather than flood. A little bigger than the Jil, yes, but definitely much brighter...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
MY said:
Keep looking. Short of having a LL CR2, I think that this is the smallest CR2 form factor light out there. I think that the Jil's Lux III has too low of vf (J) for DD as the light gets hot quickly and does not run that long on a RCR2 - - but very, very bright. I am trying to get a L vf Lux to put in to see if the heat and runtime issues will be much better. On primary cells, the Jil puts out quite a bit of light for a real long time, decreasing in output though.

The Jils are the best valued light out there.

Regards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Mike, I think this is a good idea to try. Also I gotta say the Ichishiki I have is juuust about the exact size of the LLCR2, although this Jil-Rev-DD is even smaller (actually shorter).

luminaria

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
I think the Raws will be brighter still, not just from the U-bin equipped standpoint, but also the fact it will sport a larger reflector (20mm?) designed for throw rather than flood. A little bigger than the Jil, yes, but definitely much brighter...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the Raw is 2.5mm shorter that the Jil, same width.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
luminaria, so the Rev DD Jil is 49.5mm? Wow, then that's Really saying somethin about "brightness density".

But then 49.5 mm seems quite close to 2 inches which is about the size of my Jil 1.3, which is quite a bit longer than my Jil Rev DD...I'll have to check when I get home.

luminaria

Newly Enlightened
Mr Bulk, acording to the manufacturer the Jil DD is 20 x 50.5 mm (I have it in front of me)
The Raw is supposed to be 20 x 48 mm.

I published a photo composition to show relative sizes in the Raw order thread:
jil-raw.jpg

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
This is great stuff guys, but I don't hear anyone offering to sell one to me, which is especially interesting since this the "WTB: Jil REV (Direct Drive)" thread.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey Nascar, didja hear the one about the three monkeys walked into a bar? It goes like this.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Just kidding, I'm sure some (foolish) person will sell his to you soon.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif