whats comon bills people pay month

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i just pay one amont every month now and it includes every thing but im movinef soon to my own place
after rent whats left here is my list am i corect it will be in small condo i wont run ac a lot or heat like i dont use lots a power
ok electric and gas i say 100
water and sewer i say 100
maintace fee i know is 75
cable i want just the one who has local and history chanel and discovery 35
phone no long disance basci phone 35
net zero free for net
ok does this sound corect am i forgeting something all im so dumb at this stuff any advice will be aprechated im nervess as hell lately i dont want roomate .....opps i should of made it clear i wont have rent.....

paulr

Flashaholic
For me: electric and gas included in rent

Regular phone and DSL, around 80/month (I could get it lower
but I'm lazy). Cellular phone (low use, prepaid) 15/month.

No cable. No TV in fact.

Car insurance and parking: ouch, don't want to think about it. Gas, ouch again, and getting worse.

The rest goes to food, computers, and flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just pay 562 in rent, 25 power, 40 phone about 175 in food.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool maybe power will be less then i thought hopefully water will be to,i take quick showers.i realy dont want a roomate but it will make it better.i know ill replace all incandescent lights with flourscent i dont drive so no worrys there.i just keep im forgeting something in the rent/ultilties area/ i may get cell phone looks like its cheaper i seldem call any one maybe once a week never longdistance

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I pay around $15 a month for water and about $35 for electric in the summer(no air conditioning) my phone and dsl is around $50 per month, my call phone is $40 a month unless I talk too much. don't forget insurance for your residence. some condos have garbage pick up in with the condo fees but check to be sure.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
how much is insurance on a small condo usaly?i dont need theft ill put my lights in hideing place.the property value id guess is like 100k probaly less opps i checked just not thats included in some fee i pay already the same fee that make some one mow the grass and other stuff.i cant belkive tax is so much. i mean what in the world .ol its going to cost me more to move here then it cost here and i have rent here lol

Samoan

Enlightened
Are you renting this place Raggie? I'm wondering why you would be responsible for the property taxes in addition to the rent.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggs

All utilities offer low-income discounts. Be sure to call them and apply. You can save as much as 25% for your water & power, natural gas and phone. In larger cities, like Los Angeles, one city agency can hook you up with discounts for all of your utilities.

As a matter of fact, your state may have a low-income program for property taxes. Do some checking.

Marty

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Samoan said:
Are you renting this place Raggie? I'm wondering why you would be responsible for the property taxes in addition to the rent.

[/ QUOTE ]its kinda mine but not in my name because my illness.it will be in my dads name.im glad to get it but scared to.it has funture already im thorowing mine away since it feel apart lol.ill take pics when i get in there

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basic sbc local phone service with sbc dsl runs me about 44 a month for the 2 combined.
If you are renting, there is no property tax to worry about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What you will likely be worring about will be;
The rent ($100-1000 depending on what you want to rent)

Electric/gas (under 100 a month typically for 600-800 square feet.)

Water and sewer (20-25 a month.)

Phone service with dsl internet (45-50 a month)

Renters's insurance (under 200 a year, even with your Lionheart in there.)

Flashlights (here's the big one right here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Food (200, or so a month) maybe less with low income assistance from food stamps if available.

This list is just for starters, but I hope it helps.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol in this town ya can buy 50 lbs a potoes for 5 bucks lol thats cheap i laugh when i see that sign

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot to add renters insurance, 313 a year, 135 a month for paratransit fare for two trips a day and 100 a year for my trac prepaid cell phone w/300 minutes.

My ac can run my bill up to 60 bucks a month, but I found I can save that by cutting it off when not around and turn it on when I am here. Saves a lot and I still get cool. Most days my apartment with the ac off is still cooler than outside.

LightChucker

Enlightened
raggie, I am happy you are asking about this. This is what I have been trying to warn you about ever since you started saying you were going to buy a place to live.

Get on the phone with the realestate taxing agency in your state and county. They can tell you for sure what the previous owner had to pay for taxes.

Call lots of insurance agents, and get "quotes". Compare cost, but also compare features of the policy. There is a thing called a "deductible". That is the amount that you will have to pay if you have a claim. The lower the deductible - the HIGHER the premium.

Chuck