UV led interest , might want to see this

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://unitednuclear.com/lights.htm
(scroll 4/5th down)

i was wandering around looking for some good quality uranium /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and i happened to run across THIS.
just through you might want to see it.
geesh, just how many leds CAN you jam in one package.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
good god!

novatable6ju.jpg

MrMom

Enlightened
Two months ago I won from ebay the exact same as their 14 led $60.00 Powerbeam for a few bucks plus reasonable shipping. 1000% profit...that's some mark up.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
390nm? I bet it can't fluoresce a $100 bill. Too high of a wavelength for my taste. Still is a monster of a UV light.

Jeff

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
xpitxbullx -

I've been meaning to ask you...what is the range of wave length your pass through filter unleashes. Ding Dong here ordered one and lolly gagged around not ordering the Niteze filter kit. I cracked it in about three minutes due to the heat from a Mag85. I ordered another one. Still, it showed some fascinating stuff and still does even thought it has been compromised. I could clearly see the difference between a real diamond and a wish-I-was-a-diamond.

Back on topic and in my best Johnny Carson, VidPro; that's some wild, wild stuff.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icebreak,

It passes all wavelengths 360nm and less.

Just so you know, whether a diamond fluoresces or not doesn't tell you if it's real or not. Some do, some don't. It might, however, help determine the quality of the diamond.

Jeff

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah. That explains what I saw. I thought I had some fakes on a ring mixed with some real ones.

-------
another Jeff