Star Wars Spoon Sabers

greenLED

Flashaholic
Check this out!

We got a couple of blue ones yesterday. They use the same concept as NewBie's avatar. Every Star Wars fan must have a set of these. I'll try to post pics later.

DBrier

Enlightened
I showed this to my wife yesterday and she went right out and bought some Frosted Flakes for the spoon. Hers is red.

UVvis

Enlightened
I like how they point out that the spoons are not microwave safe. For some reason, I've never considered microwaving a silverware, except for that fork in a pickle.

Wonder who would mod one first?

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
""Watch spoon light up when you push the button to activate The Force™ within .""
What are they using for "The Force" nowadays?. I have hot purchased one of these yet, but already of thinking of how to manipulat the 'Force' within... Does anyone know how much room is in there for batts and stuff?
Jeff

DBrier

Enlightened
There is no way to replace the batteries on this. It appears to be glued together with some watch batteries inside. I am sure you guys can get them apart.
Near the tail is a slide switch to activate (but not turn on) the light. Near the head is a small red momentary push button switch. The spoon has no provision for constant on.

I did hold the spoon part up to my L4 for fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
The hilt is inscribed with a letter near the guard (well, I suppose a lightsaber doesn't have a guard... the beam emitter?) that denotes the color: R (red), G (green), or B (blue). Of course, by the time you can see what color you've gotten, the box is already open and the saber-spoon is irrevocably yours.

Any of you mathematically inclned folks willing to calculate how many boxes of cereal one must buy to have >50% chance of collecting all three colors, assuming they are equally distributed? (Right now, the kids have red and blue - both from boxes of Honey Smacks - so I figure I'll have to purchase two more boxes to complete the set).

That R2-D2 bowl looks pretty cool.

And no Star Wars thread would be complete without a mention of Darth Tater!

And for you total Star Wars geeks, here's a link to the Star Wars Gangsta Rap (remixed ROTJ version)

We got Death Star!!!

Weylan

Enlightened
So for those people who have been to the store already, what kind of cereal do I have to eat to get the spoon? From the link I have to eat Crispix to get a R2D2 bowl. What else am I going to have to eat?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
At my store in PA, I saw it on the Frosted Flakes and the Apple Jacks. I got three boxes of FF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers

LightHearted

Enlightened
Okay, just so you know, this thread caused me to go back to the grocery store for a box of Frosted Flakes with a spoon saber. Vons has them on sale for $2.50 a box. This is great! I feel like a kid all over again eating my cereal with a LED spoon. My box had two (both red) inside. Did I get lucky or is that the norm?

spoon.JPG

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Pretty neat. I'll have to get a few to go with my Master Replica FX Lightsabre.

b170fda0.jpg

jake359

Newly Enlightened
Had to go get one. Frosted Flakes on sale for $1.99 @ Giant in Falls Church VA.
I haven't had Frosted Flakes in like 25 years....

spunsabr.jpg

Jefff

Enlightened
lol thats pretty neat .. I have on my shelf an orginal 1977 r2d2 figure...have had it for about 20 years..