My SureFire L4 story won!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh my gosh, I just got an email from Surefire...my story about my L4 being sucked up in a snowblower and surviving got selected as a "True Life" story! The story is titled "Surefire flashlights must not be tasty" and is on their website in the "True Stories" section under Extreme Stress Testing here.

Here's the original CPF posting.

Wilkey

PS. Ol' Trusty still hangs with me every waking hour of the day as my ever-dependable EDC.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Congratulations! I am very happy, but cannot say I am surprised, that they chose your story. Congrats once again!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Did they compensate you? (I hope!) (I followed the saga, from your loss to recovery, and the pics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Cool!

Larry

greenLED

Flashaholic
Cool! I didn't even know they had a contest for stories like yours. Good for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

rgp4544

Newly Enlightened
We want to know if you won anything or if Surefire just posts the story as the "prize"?

Richard.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be really hard to beat your story... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif congratulations and glad that one of "ours" is on the SF site!!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the nice comments. Well, it seems like they accept good stories as they come in but they choose whoppers for a monthly prize. The prize is a $100 credit for their online store so I feel doubly lucky!

Now what to do with that credit...:D

Wilkey

vhyper007

Enlightened
yeh, me too.

Playboy used to pay $50 if someone sent in a joke which they then printed.
SF should be as cl...assy as PB!

vhyper007's dry wit has shined once again.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boss gin! i too couldn't think they could pass your tale up. Just to good. congrat's. VDG