K-200 Unit from 7 Stars

MechEng3

Newly Enlightened
I have just picked up this unit from the local postal and there were no tarrif charges,not even an open container!! I was very happy , but the package was rough in appearance. Upon unpacking all was found well. Very strong 40 mW. All in all a nice unit for $248 US $.It arrived 8 days after the order was placed. A question for some advice as to unit control , however reading archived posts , the 9 pin ports are for a P/C based controller? Would like to get the unit to respond to musical sounds as like a simple X/Y scanner using this single laser unit. Please let me know if this would be possible within reason. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Raccoon

Enlightened
Does the unit appear to have a built in x/y scanner? It probably does not. I'm willing to bet the computer port is to control aplitude modulation or something along those lines.

jtice

Flashaholic
If you can, post some pics

But I think I know the unit you have.
They do seem to come with two different types of connections though, so im not sure.

Is is made by Rave Pro, or Big Dipper?

Those are ussually controlled by DMX dj lighting controllers.

LaserMod

Enlightened
The seven stars brand is of the big-dipper variety. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As JTice said - some come with DMX ports but if you are lucky you will have a serial port instead. Mine didn't. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

MechEng3

Newly Enlightened
IT has two ports on the back of the housing. It is a Big Dipper brand unit. both are 9 pin,one male,and one female.The included cable has one end crushed but is repairable.I am assuming that it is for a digital SCSI interface to P/C of some nature. I am E-mailing for a pinout this morning and will attempt to post pics in the afternoon.The unit can be seen on www.Chinesedepartmentstore.com .

LaserMod

Enlightened
Yeah sounds like a serial connection... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

On the website - I would really like that ultimate 1watt RGB model... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif or any of the multicolors for that matter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I'll have to start saving... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

I wonder if they would like one reviewing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif