i need away to make money at home

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i thought about ebay. buying and seeling stuff but i cant find a place to get stuff cheap i dont drive. any ideas?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
not much lol but i can build pc.s but man it is cheaper to buy a pc then it cost me to make one.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i tryied it before but got frustrated.i sure cant do html but i did a bit with software that helps ya

watt4

Enlightened
shop the big websites for deep discounted items, and put them up on ebay.

mailman delivers the discounted items, mailman later picks up those same items (sold at fanastic profits)

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Build a Raggie33 (TM) Flashlight.... No Kidding, I am serious....

Buy yourself a Lathe ...

Hope this helps.....

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, take for example this Item and compare it to one that is currently selling in BST non Lights section, you can make around $40 just to move the merchandise, shipping charges are netted from what you pay and what you are paid for...

Other discount site is www.overstock.com

Just an idea...

Pablo

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
ViReN said:
Build a Raggie33 (TM) Flashlight.... No Kidding, I am serious....

Buy yourself a Lathe ...

Hope this helps.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Raggie, this sounds like an interesting idea. You could start out small by offering a flashlight modding service, dropping in Luxeons and regulators, then move up to building your own branded flashlights when you get comfortable with it.

Hey, if that Magliozzi guy can make m*glights, you can make Ragglights! Yours would be much better, of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

COMSEUR

Newly Enlightened
That modding idea sounds very good, something to look into?

Maybe raggie could start out small, just as PhotonWrangler said, then gradually do more and more things?

Perhaps some of our esteemed & experienced CPFmodders could "outscore" some jobs to raggie to start with? Just a thought, I have no idea if that is possible, tho.

Anything that does not require a lot of tools (lathe?) and stock to have at home seems good for a start.

At least with flashlight/mods raggie would know to have a little marketshare right here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Although I have all the lights I'll ever need by now, I'd be honored to sign up for some Raggie33s(TM)! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ragglights! Good one, PhotonWrangler! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
[/i]
What are you good at/not much lol but i can build pc.s

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so what are you bad at?

cy

Flashaholic
lots of ways to make money from home by buying larger qualtities of items. breaking up into smaller lots and reselling.

catch to all this is the handling. you must be willing to do lots of repackaging and tracking multple orders.

most folks are most willing to pay an inflated price for a small quantity of an item. convience of having it delivered to your home with no fuss is worth extra!

USPS & UPS will pick up from home.

Some recent examples are:

1. teflon wire purchased in bulk. lots of buyers willing purchase 10ft sections for $6 shipped.

2. nyogel 959 repackaged will find lots of willing buyers for $4ea

3. a chinese mfg recently offered R123 & other li-ion cells for $1.50 per unit in large lots. lots of folks willing to purchase li-ions cells for $4ea.

4. witness explosion of chinese LED flashlight on ebay. etc

5. glow powder

etc. etc. etc.

first in line to buy some "Raggie33" repackaged nyogel 959.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen clothing cheap in bulk. You can get quite a few pounds of assorted clothing cheap, then like mentioned, take photos, describe it and post it in ebay. Mail it to the highest bidder after they pay you with pay pal. Call ups have them pick it up from you and deliver it to the customer. Also have the ups man deliver you the 50 pound box of cloths for you to sell.

But its not for everyone, despite being a business student and a somewhat an inventer, I found the only way I could make money was gettinga job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

cy

Flashaholic
raggie, take advantage of the goodwill earned by your thousands of post here.

if you do like I suggested, think of the line of cpf'ers that would gladly purchase something they need from you. instead of somewhere else.

on high value strategic items like mentioned in my post above. I like quite a few cpf'er would think nothing of spending $6 on a few feet of teflon wire. that's a lifetime supply for most everyone except Mr. bulk of course.

how many cpf'ers are going to go out and purchase 100 li-ion cells @ $1.50ea? answer is very few! that's why most of us is more than willing to spend $4 for one R123 cell.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah i kinda wannna sell small light stuff on ebay.perhaps inport from china. in bulk.

cy

Flashaholic
raggie, why don't cha start selling on home turf first. everyone knows you, so all you have to do is buy two roll of teflon wire for very low investment, envelops, stamps and you are ready to go.

chinese bulk deals require a fairly sizable capital up front with risks of getting crappy products. go with safe products first, guarantee to mulitply your funds.

buy a pound of glow powder, split it up into 1/4 oz's and multiply your funds.

there's a guy on ebay willing to sell tritium tubes at bulk prices. don't you know you could multiply your funds further by selling these.

do these little deals first and pretty soon you will capitalize the chinese deals in no time.

I'll be first in line to buy. betcha lot's of other cpf'er will do the same.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if you live in a populated area, Raggie, but coming from a teacher/tech's point of view, I'd suggest two things if you're pretty good with computers.
Most people don't know jack about their computers, especially if something goes wrong. You can give computer lessons, and make more $/hr than I do teaching guitar. Then, whatever people can't do in terms of repair, YOU can do! Again, for more money per hour than I make.
That's what I'm about to start doing, and if the population near you is fairly dense, you could get business within walking or biking distance. And if you do, don't go too cheap in order to try and get business. In the services field, people get suspicious if you charge too little.