Firefox is great but...

brightnorm

Flashaholic
...I can't change the name of a folder, something that is very easy to do in IE. Any ideas?

Brightnorm

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Right click on folder... choose properties try typing in something else in the name box.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible to save the tabs in FF? I find it irritating that I've to retype each and every website I frequent, something like AvantBrowser or Opera, where they do save the tabs with the address in them?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You can bookmark individual pages by right clicking on the page and choosing *bookmark this page*. I don't recall how to set it but when I type in something the autocomplete in the url bar gives a drop down option to choose sites I have been to in the past. There is an extension to save all tabs you can download too.
I have my favorite site bookmarks in one folder and right clicking the folder I can open all in tabs.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
And if you place a group of links in a bookmark folder--the last option is "open in tabs" option... It works great. Even on dial-up I open 10 different web sites at once.

Also, somebody may have a better suggestion, but I found that FireFox did not seem to support TABBED BROWSING as a default setup. I loaded an extension named TabBrowser Preferences v1.2.4--It made my tabbed browsing operations (such as a open new window link will open in a tab instead).

-Bill

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I also like to put extra folders in the Bookmarks Toolbar Folder so they are above my tabs for easy use. I pad the folders I like to use the most with a few links/folders I rarely use so they end up positioned nearer to the middle where my pointer is the most. At 1280x1024 I have my bookmarks in the sidebar all the time so the text on most pages is more centered on the screen and I can drag bookmarks to there when I want to add something or right click on a page I am studying and open it in another tab and then delete the bookmark when I am through with it.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Sessionsaver extension, which will automatically load a "default" page in each tab when you start Firefox. You can also set it to save the state of your browser each time you shut down, and reload that state the next time you start it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have my Firefox starting with 4 open tabs loaded to four default websites when I start my browser.. Obviously, one of the tabs is CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif