Mod Guidance Needed

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I've got this poor little Arc AA body sitting around with nothing in it. No LED, no pill, nothing.

I want to stick to AAs, as I get them for next to nothing from work. What do I do? I've already got red/green/yellow CMG lights, and I've got a boatload of white CMG Infinities, Ultra-Gs, and a new style as well. Maybe one of those new 26k LEDs? A pill from the Shoppe, put in by a pro modder? A custom one-off?

Throw me some ideas!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
put 3 RGB leds in it with a circuit that allows you to choose colors or strobe them.

Noxiousbt

Newly Enlightened
I have a AA Arc modded by Silver Legacy. It has a MM lite WO with a turned down NX-05 and a Q3 low dome. It's very nice. I just built another one using a micropuck and a HD 1W emitter. I polished the reflector, and got a great flood beam with a large hotspot. It's about the same as a TnC AA at 200mA, but more floody. I want to put a 1W R-bin from the shoppe in it now that I now it works that well. Took some grinding, but I'm sure you wouldn't have much trouble. If you go with the board, I would use the MMlite-WO. Hope it helps.
Brandon

red_robby

Enlightened
Silver Legacy made a couple of AA mods for me and he does superb work, you should PM him about it.
this is the original thread
here

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
Hijacking here...Where can I get an empty head for my arc AA? It thought it was getting a new twin with the contest, now it just doesn't seem as bright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I saw one in the bst a while back, anyone know a source of an empty AA head? Other than drilling it out??