Any problems getting lasers from US to Canada

dyee

Newly Enlightened
I am always hesitant about buying stuff from the US, customs is just too unpredictable. I was wondering if anyone has had any problem getting <5mw lasers into Canada?

BTW: I am looking into getting a BTG-10 from z-bolt.

Vikz

Newly Enlightened
<5mw shouldnt give you any problems cause its under the legal limit, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif so ur ok

Vikz

Newly Enlightened
yes, thats where the problems are arising, some are being confiscated by the fda, i myself will not really have that problem cause i live in the UK, and wickedlaser ship from china... if you have any more questions just ask...

xenophobe

Newly Enlightened
I don't see US Customs or the FDA being any problem with importing into Canada. Perhaps you should contact the Canadian Customs agency for your region and ask them what their policy is.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
bear in mind that if UPS is the carrier, they will indeed submit the parcels to customs as they did with my order. i had to notify the sellers to submit the proper paper work. and those lasers were <5mw.
/

BlueMars

Newly Enlightened
How about the CNI Lasers >100mW?

They are already FDA approved, but are proper paper work needed?

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm sure they are. the company that sent the laser to me was a newbie, had no idea how to send lasers, however if i recall when he sent them to canada they were confiscated, he had to send a second shipment to his u.s. affiliate. but, the carrier, UPS, submitted them to U.S. customs. i had to call ups in louisville, they instructed me to communicate to the laser co. to get his papers in order. he finally did. it took me a month before i finally received. btw, i liked that laser, it was comparable to vital spirit and arnold's but cheaper. they were bright and the housing was longer than both, the same size as my phoenix, resembled it actually. unfortunately the seller lost his registration from ebay, otherwise, i would've ordered more.