Chemical Glow rods, short and long at dollar store

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I headed to the mall the other day for some supplements with a coupon from gnc. I swung by the dolalr store and found they sold long and short chemical glow tubes. You can wear them around your body or make like a pair of eye glasses. Then they had a glow lantern. You got to circle joints and a hand full of sticks and made like an invisible ball. They are multi color and of course a dollar a pack.

They also had the led computer usb light, a 2 cell garrity light and some dvds of early mighty mouse cartoons, fleix and the three stoogies.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Chemical Glow rods, short and long at dollar s

They are in the doller stores here in Canada as well, 3 to a pack for a buck, braclets or necklaces. Good deal for a fair product, they arn't terribly bright, but worth the effort of finding them.

greenLED

Flashaholic

We get'em every time we hit the Dollar Store. They're great fun with the kids.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

we have a dollar store here that has all sorts of junk, glow rods, led keychain lights, dash led lights, blinking color led wands and other stuff.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, it was a generic dollar store where everything costs a dollar. Mostly junk, every now and then some nice items. THey had some dale jr notepads, I bought two of the four they had there.

I havent opened my glow items, I plan on saving them til the power fails. I just love chemical glow sticks, but they arent that cheap and dim with age, so its hard to save one for an emergency as it may just dimly glow than being bright.

Anyone ever thought it was strange how you get a liquid to glow that is not radio active? Thats assuming radio active water really, really glows.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I heard storing glow lights in the freezer helps them some.

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast

I still think a great name for a Canadian dollar store would be...
"The Looney Bin"

Jeff

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Canadian dollar store? Would that be the dollar and thirty seven cents store in that case considering the exchange rate?

Most of the stuff I find in those stores is from China or Chesapeak VA.