Help/Advice regarding Car Insurance & Accident

arrowhead

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone.
I was invovled in an accident today where my 2 day old car suffered front end body damage. I have insurance bought at the car dealer when I took the car off the lot. The vehicle was towed to an body shop.

No one was injured but I am seeking opinions/advice regarding the following:
-Advice on handling this with the temporary insurance company?
-Paid down payment bought with creditcard (mastercard), anyone know of any -protections offered thru CitiBank or American Express?
-Insurance was bought at dealer with credit card seperate from the car purchase agreement.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Help/Advice

Normally, a new car dealer would not allow the car to be driven away w/out proof of insurance.

Credit Cards, I doubt would be of any help.

Front end damage usually means a rear-end collision.

-dan

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

1. Contact citi via the 800 number on the credit card and ask
2. Contact the insurance company you paid money to.
3. Contact the car dealer if the car insurance and/or citi doesn't cover the damage and/or get a lawyer if the car lot sold you bogus insurance promising coverage.

arrowhead

Newly Enlightened

Thanks, to be correct damage to the front of the vehicle.

I will research/call credit card company and also speak with an private attorney tomorrow morning.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I am guessing you were at fault but if not the other drivers insurance would have to pay for your car damage.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

DO you have reason to expect problems? I'd suggest contacting insurance company and let them handle it. The main concern in dealing with an insurance adjuster, especially with a new car, is limiting the loss of value to the car. Replacement parts being OEM, paint matching etc. etc.