Question:Computer won't shut down, keeps rebooting

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question:Computer won\'t shut down, keeps rebooting

My brother has this weird problem. Everytime he goes to shut down in Windows XP, the system automatically reboots. He now has to shut his system off via the switch at the back of the case. Anybody know why it keep rebooting and how to fix it? TIA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Question:Computer won\'t shut down, keeps reboo

Does he have professional?

I had this problem before with 98 and it turns out that in the shutdown menu, "Restart" was selected instead of "Shut Down"
After I found out (It took me 30 minutes to do that) I laughed like crazy for being that dumb for something simple ROFLOL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is probably the first problem listed in Empath's link. The first thing I do when installing xp is to disable the "restart on system failure". I have no idea why that is enabled by default.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hehehe... yuandrew , that was the first question I asked him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Thanks for the link Empath. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I'll forward it to my bro and hope it fixes his problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif