Elite Flashlights - The Best LED Flashlights, Chargers and Batteries
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Collection SF - All Black! HA-BK that is...

Default Re: Collection SF - All Black! HA-BK that is...

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoors Fanatic View Post
    The runtime though, will be like, 5 minutes... If that.
    But with the flat discharge characteristics of the new cells it will be fairly flat output over those 5 minutes.

I'm mainly going to use it as a long-throwing, small size backup to my primary light, a Surefire C2-BK with a Malkoff M60.

It will likely get less than 5 minutes of use a week anyway.

I also have a FiveMega 2 x 18650 body and AW 18650 2200mah cells I could use with the KT2 and MN16 with also for extra runtime.
    Current EDC Lights: Mac Tri EDC 45K 1st Gen. Orange Cerakote, K2-MS, FB1/E1E and ReVo SS | My EDC Items

Last edited by coyote223; 10-27-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    Surefire M2/M60, 6Z/M60LL, G2/M60F, 6P, E2E, Nightcore NDI, Nightcore Extreme, Fenix TK11, LOD. Milky L1, Milky L2, Milky CREEmator, Milky RoomSweeper.

Those are not Black HA though.
    This thread is for Black HA SureFires and collections thereof.
    Other collections and groups of SureFires should be discussed in the main SureFire collections thread.

coyote223,
    Your photo is changed for the better! Very nice!
    Last edited by Size15's; 10-28-2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: coyote223 changed his photo - for the better!

Is there a specific model number for the Black M2 head on the Scout light?
    Collecting is not about what you have but rather what you DONT have . . . yet.
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    Is there a specific model number for the Black M2 head on the Scout light?
    Yes. It's the LU60A Lamp Module

Can you clarify? So the LU60A is NOT the same as the M952 head model number? or a M2 head? Since they are in HA-NAT and not HA-BK?
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

Can you clarify? So the LU60A is NOT the same as the M952 head model number? or a M2 head? Since they are in HA-NAT and not HA-BK?
    The LU60A is a Lamp Module featuring an "M2" bezel, P60 Lamp Assembly, and Lamp Module Adapter Collar [to attach it to the ScoutLight MH60 WeaponLight Housing Body ("E-Series body")]

The M95 Millennium Series Universal WeaponLight features the LU60 Lamp Module.
    The LU60 Lamp Module features an "M2" bezel, P60 Lamp Assembly, and Lamp Module Adapter Collar [to attach it to the Millennium Universal MH90 WeaponLight Housing Body.

The "M2" bezel used by the LU60A is Black HA.
    The "M2" bezel used by the LU60 (M95) and M2 is Natural HA.

Note SureFire does not use the term "head"

thank you again for the clarification.

my newly acquired HA-BK Surefire's... presenting the A2 and E2e

with the flash on... the A2 looks purplish

Incand: Surefire A2-HA-WH/9P-_FM-D26-WA1164, FM-2x18500-WA1111, Mag11, Mag85-FM3V, Mag61, Mag275 /// LED: Surefire 6P-_Malkoff MC-E/6P-_Q3-5A/6P-_Q2-5A/C2-BK-UV/G2-_Q4-5B/G2Z-M60R2, Arc-AAA 375nm UV /// HID: Acro A3100, Havis-Shield

bxstylez,
    Very nice!
    I think that A2 and the E2e, along with the C2 in Black HA are fabulously good looking. I'm not quite sure the fluting of the modern LED bezels - the KL4, KL1, KX1, KX2C, E2DL etc suits the classic looks that Black HA reinforces...

My small contribution to this thread for my 100th post!

nice black C2......
    i want one =P

Incand: Surefire A2-HA-WH/9P-_FM-D26-WA1164, FM-2x18500-WA1111, Mag11, Mag85-FM3V, Mag61, Mag275 /// LED: Surefire 6P-_Malkoff MC-E/6P-_Q3-5A/6P-_Q2-5A/C2-BK-UV/G2-_Q4-5B/G2Z-M60R2, Arc-AAA 375nm UV /// HID: Acro A3100, Havis-Shield

Quote Originally Posted by TJx View Post
    My small contribution to this thread for my 100th post!

Is that an Type III (HA) C2?! It has a very matte finish compared to the what appears to be a Type II tailcap.

Very cool.

I love my regular type II C2 with HO-9 and IMR16340.
    Current EDC Lights: Mac Tri EDC 45K 1st Gen. Orange Cerakote, K2-MS, FB1/E1E and ReVo SS | My EDC Items

Quote Originally Posted by shomie911 View Post
    Is that an Type III (HA) C2?! It has a very matte finish compared to the what appears to be a Type II tailcap.
    Yes, here is the blurb about the light, I do not have the knife though. I think this was a 2004 or 05 release.

"SureFire commissioned Ernest Emerson of Emerson Knives to create a new, limited edition folding knife that would be sold with a uniquely finished SureFire C2 Centurion® flashlight. The Emerson knife is a production version of what was formerly available only as a custom made piece, the famed CQC-8 that Emerson collectors refer to as the "banana knife" because of its original blade shape. It uses a non-slip G10 grip and is finished with a tough, corrosion resistant coating. 

The C2 Centurion is precision-machined from aerospace-grade aluminum with an anti-roll bezel and is protected by a military-specification black hard anodized finish. We have never offered black hard anodizing on a C2 before the Emerson collaboration. It utilizes an ergonomic flat-side CombatGrip design and a patented rubber grip ring so that the light can be operated with a handgun using the Rogers/SureFire technique. Powered by two lithium batteries (10-year shelf life), the C2 Centurion produces 65 lumens of light for over an hour, or 120 lumens for 20 minutes using an optional ultra high output lamp (P61) 

As a tactical tool, SureFire handheld flashlights are proven in the field with the very same dedicated operators at a nearby SEAL base where Emerson's blades have received so much real-world testing. Only 1,000 sets with matching serial numbers have been made"

The TailCap of that C2 is also type III Hard Anodised. It has a finish like some U2's I've seen (not as matt as other examples)

Well i dont have any of the fancy lights you guys have, but I did get this in the mail today. My first Black-HA SF light. Now im just waiting on my regular Kroma. hopefully it is in the mail.

Fun with legos.

Buttrock Re: Collection SF - All Black! HA-BK that is...

L1 HA-BK
    Flashlight Modifications available upon request
    "I have to go return some video tapes." -Patrick Bateman

What is the black thing on the tailcap of the A2? Im guessing it is a lanyard ring? will that work on my Kroma tailcap?

I have heard that the Kroma tail cap is just a little thicker than the ring.
    All my lights are now hidden!
    http://www.watchandclockservice.com/

What is the black thing on the tailcap of the A2? Im guessing it is a lanyard ring? will that work on my Kroma tailcap?
    Yes - it's the Lanyard Ring (part of the Z60 Lanyard Kit) for the L1/L2/A2.

Quote Originally Posted by eshishlo View Post
    I have heard that the Kroma tail cap is just a little thicker than the ring.
    This is correct - the Z60 Lanyard Ring does not fit on the K2 Kroma TailCap. I believe it to be unfortunate but SureFire couldn't engineer the diameter slim enough. There is no Lanyard Ring for the K2 Kroma.

Al

Thanks Size15. Just out of curiosity, can anyone, that has an A2 and calipers, measure the diammter of the channel ont he tailcap? im just curious to know what the difference is between the Kroma.

I measured the Kroma tailcap, it is 18.13mm or .71 inches

Super Moderator

The A2 tailcap channel dia. is 17.5 mm, or 0.68 ins.
    Resistance is futile...

thank you. hmm I wonder if it is possible to get the Z60 ring and ream out a little material to fit the Kroma? something to try and modify in the near future.

Super Moderator

0.63 mm is not very much, and reaming that from the inside the ring diameter (0.315 mm thickness) should be possible, but remember the ring is in fact in 2 pieces which clip together. Taking that much material off is bound to weaken the clips, but I don't know how serious that might be.
    Resistance is futile...

I doubt it would be very secure it the lanyard ring was modified to fit around a fatter diameter

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by bxstylez View Post
    my newly acquired HA-BK Surefire's... presenting the A2 and E2e

with the flash on... the A2 looks purplish

hey looks like ur surefire A2 rubber clicky switch is wearing off? my E1B is showing early sign of wearing off especially in the middle of the rubber clicky... what should we do when its worn off for eg like this A2.. send back to surefire? will they replace it..

Buy a new switch.

But how will that work on the black A2...ive never seen Black switches for the A2 for sale.

Benny

Quote Originally Posted by seale_navy View Post
    hey looks like ur surefire A2 rubber clicky switch is wearing off? my E1B is showing early sign of wearing off especially in the middle of the rubber clicky... what should we do when its worn off for eg like this A2.. send back to surefire? will they replace it..
    The rubber switch boot is designed and textured to afford grip and will therefore naturally become worn down through use over time like vehicle tyres for example.
    It is not covered by SureFire's warranty because a worn switch boot is not broken - it is used.

With regards to how to purchase a replacement for a black HA or other limited production model TailCap - I suggest giving SureFire a call to see whether you can send the TailCap to have the rubber switch boot replaced...

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Size15's View Post
    The rubber switch boot is designed and textured to afford grip and will therefore naturally become worn down through use over time like vehicle tyres for example.
    It is not covered by SureFire's warranty because a worn switch boot is not broken - it is used.

With regards to how to purchase a replacement for a black HA or other limited production model TailCap - I suggest giving SureFire a call to see whether you can send the TailCap to have the rubber switch boot replaced...
    I see.. i thought it would be like fenix torches u know.. just unscrew the bottom of the tailcap with a pen and replaced the rubber boot. but with the surefire i couldnt find any thing to unscrew...

BUMP..
    Flashlight Modifications available upon request
    "I have to go return some video tapes." -Patrick Bateman