9V battery Emergency phone charger

Spidey82

Enlightened
Hi, i just bought a 9V batt emergency charger from GP. Kind of weiord cos i don't find that product from GP's wedsite. There has been alot of phone charger using 9V batt now adays.

Ok now to the point, i took my mulitmeter and did a few test any confirm that there isn't any resister or circuit.
it is pulling from the 9V batt straight.

I made a Home-made charger using 4AA batt holder and it worked. the difference between them is 6v and 9v, does it damage my nokia phone? my phone charger is rated at abt 4.5V
confused.gif

hey i don't wan to damage my phone but many ppl had use them and i have not hear complain from anyone.

Linfeng

Brock

Flashaholic
Your ok with the 9v charging the battery. The little 9v can't supply enough wattage to over charge the battery or push the voltage up to high. I though about making one myself, I already made a 4AA pack to recharge it, but was thinking something smaller. The nice thing about the 4 AA pack is I have 4 lithiums in it in the glove box to and the cold temps don't bother it at all.

Hey try taking a voltage reading on the battery while it is attached to the phone, I bet it is about 5ish? Where did you get it (web site)?

Spidey82

Enlightened
the company that makes it is http://www.gpbatteries.com.hk
but i can't fine the phone charger in the website.
there are also charger that uses 3AAA battries and has a little light bulb on it. well the light is cool, but 3AAA?? it tried and it work but, how long?

one thing is find is nokia 8250 doesn't work with all this battery charger.
Linfeng

NightShift

Enlightened
I saw one of those 9v emergency cell phone chargers while I was on line at my local seven eleven very recently. Im not sure who made it though....was just one of those little cheap accessories they keep at the end of the aisle.
Was yours expensive?

Spidey82

Enlightened
no. the whole thing(batt inc) cost abt 25%more that the batt itself.
Linfeng

Spidey82

Enlightened
Just tested the batt voltage.
i don't have a new batt and it is rated at 8.6 just after abt 5-7min of use.
when i plug it in, the voltage drop to 4.6
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
thats alot, looks like it is almost shorting the batt
Linfeng

Brock

Flashaholic
That sounds like what I would expect, the poor little 9v is pushing out as much power as it can to try to recharge the internal battery. I can't find that 9v or other adapters on the site though. The ones I make look funny because of my butchered ends and thought the pre-made ones would look better.