Thread: How do you buy flashlights in Norway?

Default How do you buy flashlights in Norway?

If I buy from an online retailer in the US it usually doubles the cost with shipping, and then add 25% tax and 10%tariffs when it arrives in the Kingdom of Norway. So what are the best places to buy from if you don't live in "the land of the free and the home of the brave". Could any fellow Norwegian or European CPF'ers help me with this?
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Default Re: How do you buy flashlights in Norway?

Ksbman is very kind and offers free forwarding for us living outside USA. Highly recommended!! Shows what nice people there are on this forum.
    B/S/T is also a great place to buy stuff, what you are planing on buying will eventually end up there at a good price. After buying something, just ask people to mark the package with value less than $30 and you are safe from taxes and fees. Some of the CPF supporting dealers will also mark the package this way if you ask them.
    You can also save some money on shipping the best way, what method is best depends on size and weight.
    Use this table to find best method of shipment.

Sigbjoern

You're right, that is a very kind offer. Thanks for the info and links, it was very helpful [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It must get really dark there.

yes it gets dark here greenlight! after summer is over it gets dark here really fast. so we gotta stock up early...lol

I'm sorry I can't help you with the shipping question.

doug

[ QUOTE ]
    greenlight said:
    It must get really dark there.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes, Norway is like an eternal night most of the winter. It's known to cause deep depression, doctors recommend traveling to a sunnier location during the darkest months.
    I don't really mind, though, I'm a flashaholic [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I just got an E2e shipped as a gift, bought it on Ebay. No problem. Guess I'm gonna do all my shopping via small CPF supporting dealers and Ebay in the furure as well.
    www.flashlightlens.com just adds 1US$ for shipping overseas, I've allready recieved 1 package from them and have placed another order.

Someone recommended 'Surefireparts' on Ebay to me, and it looks like his international shipping is reasonable.
    I'm thinking about ordering some 123-batteries from him, but I'm a litte unsure about USPS allowing this.

http://stores.ebay.com/surefireparts...Q3amesstQQtZkm

Godt ĺ se at det er flere Nordmenn med samme interessene her [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Stream said:doctors recommend traveling...

[/ QUOTE ]

I see...

I think JSB only charges $6 shipping from the US to Norway. I've bought some items on B/S/T and gotten it shipped. If it is marked with value less than $30 it goes right through customs [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img]

Sverre

Det er ebay som gjelder. Si ifra hva du trenger, mange som merker det som gave. Jeg har aldri betalt noe toll ihvertfall.

Hei, visste ikke at det var sĺ mange nordmenn her. Takkar sĺ mycket allihopa!

Thanks a lot guys [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]