Leadlight 105 vs 110 mod

deezdrama05

Enlightened
Hello its been a few months since ive posted here or messed with lasers,I just ordered a 105 leadlight from vitalspirit. Is this still a good source for having a chance to get a highly modifiable pointer? Also i remember that the newer 110 units where harder to mod,is this still true?Any new info lately on where to buy the 105 units that are not weeded out for good/bad units?Thanks in advance

andyz

Newly Enlightened
I purchased 2x Leadlights from Vital*Spirit (Ebay) and both modified quite well.

Leadlight (Pot Mod)
Surefire E2e with Leadlight Module (Resistor Mod)
Wicked Laser 60Mw (No Modifications)

SF-Leadlight-8.jpg

deezdrama05

Enlightened
cool,thanks,Man that really makes me miss my wicked mk 90mw....I was hard up for cash and had to sell it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Goldmagnet

Newly Enlightened
Hi there

I got a Leadlight 110 to 80mw so dont dispare there are some really good 110s out there.

Regards

Gold

xenophobe

Newly Enlightened
The 110's aren't harder to mod, they're just different. I actually think they're easier, due to just removing and shorting some contact points on the driver board...

deezdrama05

Enlightened
See back when i visited this forum regularlly the 110's where yet to be figured out how to mod,i just ordered and recieved my 105 today. Maybee i should of got the 110.Anyone have any links to 110 mod tutorials or info??? 80mw thats outstanding! Whats the current draw?

Corona

Enlightened
That "A106" capacitor modification totally bypasses the LD current control and APC circuit, and can easily result in permanent damage to the LD and other components. I am very surprised if pointers modified in this way remain operational for very long at all. I do not recommend anyone performing such a mod - if you want to understand the circuit, go see my (correct) schematic - and an explanation of why this mod is a very bad approach /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif - in the "new 110" mod post.

deezdrama05

Enlightened
Well then what can be done to modify a 110, I know with my experiences a 105 modded by pot and alignment average at 20mw, what do the 110 units usually mod to?

Corona

Enlightened
I'm confident that 110s will easily reach 20mW without undue stress to the circuit, go see my post here

Do the "Q2 mod", and if you have a real power meter, I would love to hear back where it landed your 110 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif