Uniqe Titanium
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: tailcap mod needed/wanted

  1. #1

    Default tailcap mod needed/wanted

    OK...let me try this approach:

    I have a standard SureFire lockout/twisty tailcap.
    I have grown accustomed to my 2-stage Aelph tailcaps and the 2-stage Kroll modifications for a 2-stage clickie tailcap [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]

    So, I'm looking for someone to mod my twisty tailcap into a 2-stage tailcap. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Flashaholic* Braddah_Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: tailcap mod needed/wanted

    Is that the Z-52 LOTC for the E1e/E2e lights? If so send me the tail cap and the McES2 kit.......I did 3 tail caps of my own.....for my KL4, E1e/kl1 and E2e/kl1 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    Make sure you send it with delivery confirmation....you know the drill...not responsible if lost in the mail.

    Aloha,
    Bill

  3. #3

    Default Re: tailcap mod needed/wanted

    Yes, that is the Z52 LOTC for the e1/e2 lights.
    Where can I get the McE2S kit? Do you have an EXACT part number and/or link?

  4. #4
    Flashaholic* AuroraLite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    850

    Default Re: tailcap mod needed/wanted

    Hi, BugLightGeek.

    You probably can find the internals/guts of the McE2S 2 stage switch(McE2S kit) at either McGizmo or Sandwich shoppe. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5

    Default Re: tailcap mod needed/wanted

    Do you happen to have the link to the exact part(s) I would need?

  6. #6

    Default Re: tailcap mod needed/wanted

    [ QUOTE ]
    Braddah_Bill said:
    Is that the Z-52 LOTC for the E1e/E2e lights? If so send me the tail cap and the McES2 kit.......I did 3 tail caps of my own.....for my KL4, E1e/kl1 and E2e/kl1 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    Make sure you send it with delivery confirmation....you know the drill...not responsible if lost in the mail.

    Aloha,
    Bill

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Is this the item you're referring to?
    Will I need anything else (besides the resistor amount)?

  7. #7
    Flashaholic* Braddah_Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: tailcap mod needed/wanted

    [ QUOTE ]
    BugLightGeek said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Braddah_Bill said:
    Is that the Z-52 LOTC for the E1e/E2e lights? If so send me the tail cap and the McES2 kit.......I did 3 tail caps of my own.....for my KL4, E1e/kl1 and E2e/kl1 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    Make sure you send it with delivery confirmation....you know the drill...not responsible if lost in the mail.

    Aloha,
    Bill

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Is this the item you're referring to?
    Will I need anything else (besides the resistor amount)?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yep thats the one...........you stated that the tail cap was mint so you don't need another rubber boot.

    Know and understand that the McES2 2 stages are best suited for LED lights and not incandescent.....selecting the resistor is a personal choice as each board will give different results on different heads. I bought a 30 Ohm for my L4 with 2 X 123s and was not happy with the output, so I ended up getting a 22 Ohm which I really like.

    I would suggest you go to the McGizmo forum and read the McES2 thread,then maybe even ask for feedback on what setup you are thinking about running ( KL4 or KL1 on a E1e or E2e body with regular or rechargeable 123s ).

    When you are ready..... Email me from my profile. I'll do it for the cost of return postage ( approx. $5.00 ).

    Please note....If you do send the tail cap and kit to me at least send it with delivery confirmation....insured would be even better, that way we both will be protected. I know from the JEERS section you already have one nightmare on you hands, which I _hope_ gets resolved.


    Aloha,
    Bill

  8. #8

    Default Re: tailcap mod needed/wanted

    I have 60 Ohms in my Aelph tailcaps so I was planning on going with that. But, also leaning toward a 30 Ohm or maybe I'll take your advice and go with a 22 Ohm on this one.

    I really want to find a 3x123 Aelph body but will probably end up going with a 2x123 in black.

    When it gets to that point, can I have you assemble me an Aelph tailcap as well if I supply the tailcap & McE2S kit?
    Does the black rubber boot come with the kit or will that need to be purchased separately?

  9. #9
    Flashaholic* Braddah_Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: tailcap mod needed/wanted

    [ QUOTE ]
    BugLightGeek said:
    I have 60 Ohms in my Aelph tailcaps so I was planning on going with that. But, also leaning toward a 30 Ohm or maybe I'll take your advice and go with a 22 Ohm on this one.

    I really want to find a 3x123 Aelph body but will probably end up going with a 2x123 in black.

    When it gets to that point, can I have you assemble me an Aelph tailcap as well if I supply the tailcap & McE2S kit?
    Does the black rubber boot come with the kit or will that need to be purchased separately?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    The rubber boot is an add on and I think its $5.00 extra in the price of the kit.

    If you want to get an Aelph/Aleph tail cap later on it would be cheaper to just buy one from the Sandwich Shoppe complete.


    Aloha

  10. #10

    Default Re: tailcap mod needed/wanted

    good point.
    I still have this standard LOTC that I need to do SOMETHING with...I'll give it some thought & let you know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •