Help please, Pot Mod on Leadlight 105

Daemonspawn

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a Black Leadlight 105 off eBay, a LuckyDuck one, and I have removed the button in order to do the pot mod, I can see a reasonably hard black plastic underneath where the button was, and I tried to make a whole in it, but it was too hard (hard as in not-soft)to penetrate, is this normal, help would be greatly appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will I have to actually open up the laser to do the pot mod??

Cheers

Daemonspawn

Newly Enlightened
If it helps, it was manufactured in 2004 for "Bigha Inc.", Made in Taiwan, and the S/N is: BI 002243 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
use a small drill bit and by hand only, use it to drill a hole though the harder plastic, if that can not be done you will need to take it apart.

I took mine apart just to be safe as I could not find my non conductive "twiddle tool" and did not wish to short to the case and over drive the diode.

Daemonspawn

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice, the harder plastic seems impossible to drill through, my Leadlight must be slightly different to the ones commonly referred to in the forums, I tried getting the aperture cap open by turning, pulling and with pliers (wrapped in cloth), a really thin razor won't fit in between the gap, so that's not really an option

Do any of you know a way of prying it open? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LaserFreak

Enlightened
A picture of this would be helpful...but post the link to the pic..don't post the pic...almost made that mistake myself.

My first greenie was one bought from an astronomy site that was exactly the same as one of bigha's models..I have advice if it's the same one....

TurtleDude

Newly Enlightened
i had a similar problem getting mine open, the only thing i found to work was to take needle nose plyers and carefully insert one of the prongs verys slightly into the hole and then clamp down and the with a cloth to protect the laser use the pliers as a lever to tilt the entire cap very forcefully to one side until you get a tiny gap, the insert a razor and make the gap even all around and to open the completely give the raxor light twisting motions while rotating the laser until the gap is larger, then using a flathead skrewdriver in the gap, twist that to completely loosen the cap. this is what i did but im nor sure what will work for you

Daemonspawn

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LaserFreak said:
A picture of this would be helpful...but post the link to the pic..don't post the pic...almost made that mistake myself.

My first greenie was one bought from an astronomy site that was exactly the same as one of bigha's models..I have advice if it's the same one....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thank you very much for your support buddy, the aperture cap is on tight as, and there's no gap or anything to wedge anything under it, I've tried a lot of things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Anyway, here's a picture of the whole unit itself: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/1337x0r/105_Full_View.jpg

and here's a (very blurry [damn camera :p] ) picture of the underneath of the button: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/1337x0r/105_Blurry_Button.jpg

Advice would be GREAT!

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
vice on the lip, wiggle a little, and pull up or press it out from the inside...