More Modified Leadlights (35 Mw Mini PGL ?)

andyz

Newly Enlightened
Well not quite but what if I add a red push button to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well some of you guys have seen my Surefire mod so seeing as I end up with a bunch of spare Leadlight Cases I figured why waste them, so I built this unit over a shortened Leadlight Case -

<font color="red"> Large Heat Sink Collar allows for a 35mw Modified Leadlight Module which throws a great beam out of this handy Little Pointer </font>
mini-1.jpg

mini-2.jpg

<font color="red"> The internals are basically a Chopped Leadlight Pointer Case. I cleaned away the black paint and fitted a tight Aluminum Heat Sink Outer Jacket over the front section, the front is a machined Acetal Cap with Rubber Seal and the mid section is a Black Acetal Sleeve, fitted on the rear is an Aluminum end cap. </font>
mini-3.jpg

<font color="red"> This Modified Laser takes 2 x 1.5 Volt E90 Batteries, they fit perfectly into the inner tube (without inner plastic sleeve). They are half the length, cheap and easy to find at your local store, this is the key to a handy palm size powerfull Laser </font>
mini-4.jpg

mini-5.jpg

<font color="red"> Again I intend to make this Laser Water and Dust Proof and the materials used will make it very robust </font>
mini-6.jpg

<font color="red"> This should give you an idea of size compared to the E2e and 6P Laser Mods </font>
mini-7.jpg

Now to choose a name for this little stick of green Dynamite /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW its only at prototype stage so when I have more time to work on it I will add a switch and Rubber Seals also do a run time test on these batteries. I plan to use the existing Switch on the Module and fit an external push button on the collar, I also plan to machine the end cap so a Lanyard can be fitted.

Ivar

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
andyz said:
Now to choose a name for this little stick of green Dynamite /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you call it Dynamite or somthing similar;) I like the design. Where do you get the parts for this, I would want one.

andyz

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm TNT mach 1 or something like that, sounds cool

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

No special parts are really needed, just a Leadlight Pointer, some Aluminum and Acetal rod + Lathe work.

Guliver

Newly Enlightened
Hi Andyz...Looks a bit like a "Mini-PGL" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TurtleDude

Newly Enlightened
awsome work, you make the coolest lasers, you really should make some to sell!

Changots

Newly Enlightened
yeah really, you do awsome work, and i agree you should definately make some to sell

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
andyz said:
Hmmm TNT mach 1 or something like that, sounds cool

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it's a greenie, how about a <font color="green">G</font>NT?

andyz

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I like the Green First Letter PhotonWrangler /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

andyz

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif What do you guys think? The beam will be as powerfull as the Surefire Laser in the pics.

kl35-1.jpg

kl35-2.jpg

kl35-3.jpg

QuestionDUDE

Newly Enlightened
hmm kl35. .nice name.
you've even got kriptonlaser kl35 on the ruler thingy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
yea i think kryptonlaser (with the Y) looks better

btw, did you use smoke/fog or long exposure when you are taking these pictures ?
your 35mw looks way more powerful than my 42mw

Wow, looks very nice, I agree with ?dude about the Y letter. If you have plans of making more units, email us and we can help you sell it.

andyz

Newly Enlightened
Yes its long exposure so I could show up the Luminous Infill in the engraving. But 35mw is a very nice beam even in some lighted conditions, for night time operation it is stunning and very good for star pointing.

BTW I agree Krypton is better, I will change the letter on my Gravograph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hey thanks for the compliment WL, when I finish and the product to a high quality + reliable end result I may send you a sample and see what you think.

Changots

Newly Enlightened
i'll take it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif