What LUX meter to get?

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in the market for a decent but lower end (i.e. lower priced) LUX meter. I'm considering the L2101

I would appreciate input from others.

Thanks

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
There's a lot of information and opinions as well as suggestions here in these CPF halls. A lot (if not most) of that info would merely be duplicated here and perhaps not posted at all since it already exists...

However, one needs to go on a "treasure hunt" with our "Search" option at the top of the page to find it. Standard "search" variables that you would use on any search apply.

BTW, MANY of our members like and use the Wavetek Meterman LM631.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Sigman, I did a search...and got a little overwhelmed plus some of the threads were on the older side so I wasn't sure the information was still accurate. I suppose I should have mentioned that in my post so I didn't sound quite so lazy.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
That LM631 does seem to be the meter of choice, even though I like the Greenlee better. However, both are considerably more expensive than the one you linked to.

daloosh

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Daloosh. I'm willing to run up to $100 or so but this doesn't have to be super accurate, I'm trying to use it as a "replace the batteries" meter for my lights and also to test before/after for some headlight mod/improvements I'm doing on my vehicles. I'm sure I'll find other uses as well.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Several of us have purchased the LM631 "here". They also offer a "FREE DMM" if your order is over $50 (the LM631 is $86.65).

If you purchase this meter from them, make sure you read the "Free Offer" details and insert the proper "promo code" to get that "FREE DMM". Would hate to see you spend the $$ and not get it!

BigGuy

Newly Enlightened
I have searched the site and see where many have the LM631. Does anyone have the L2101 mentioned above.

Sigman - While I am certain you are correct in your statement above, I was not able to find a clear comparison on several alternate meters. Any advice would be appreciated.

I guess one question is -- Are the less expensive meters accurate and reliable enough for playing around with?

Scott

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'm not sure if anyone has actually done an actual "hands on" comparison and or review of "alternate" meters (other than reading the individual specs for each meter). Not sure where you would find an actual review/comparison of multiple meters.

AFAIK, folks here have merely posted their thoughts on the meter that they own. You would certainly think that there would/could be a review & comparison somewhere on the WWW, eh? Perhaps some of the camera sites?

If I have some extra time to search around the WWW, I'll try and see if there's anything. If you find it first, please post your success? Thanks!