Unique Titanium

Thread: Cap IMPOSSIBLE to get off :(

Default Cap IMPOSSIBLE to get off :(

Hey,

I've been trying to pot mod my 105 for some time now, I can't pot mod it via removing the button as there is a hard layer of plastic there, and so I tried to open up the laser instead..

It is absolutely impossible, I have tried everything, turning, pulling, pliers, needles (wedging it open) etc.

There is no gap to put a razer in between the cap to lift it open, is there ANY OTHER way of getting this laser open?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

here's a pic of the laser: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3..._Full_View.jpg

and here are the details of it:

Manufactured in 2004 for "Bigha Inc.", Made in Taiwan, and the S/N is: BI 002243

I really need help please [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Enlightened

Default Re: Cap IMPOSSIBLE to get off :(

I had the same pen laser and couldn't get it open either. I had to eventually saw the damn thing off and destroyed it during the process [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Hmm.. I thought that would kinda be the case [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ah well, its still a nice laser even how it is..

Although, could anyone recommend a place I could find a MODABLE laser from for cheap?

Thanks

I have an identical pointer (but not manufactured for Bigha) that I could open but not without getting some scares. Maybe a detailed photo of what it is inside can help you.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] With LaserMod's advice, I soldered the hard plastic under the button and managed to get to the pot, and after a quick rotation, I was done [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The beam is fantastic now, easily 3 or more times brighter than before [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks a lot everyone for their advice!

Good job, Glad to head it modded well [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img]