HELP!!.......DPSS-50 vs GHL-50.....$500 to spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

WKeasler

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif
Just wondering, is the DPSS-50 (Z-Bolt) the same as the GHL-50?? Can either be "Pot modded" Does anyone have any experience with either of these? Can they pop balloons pre-mod??

Also, is there any info out there on the Z-Bolt DPSS-30 module, can it be modded? has anyone tried it??

I'm new at this, but I am hooked, already have Atlasnova 55Mw, and BTG-6p, ready to move up. Any help would be appreciated.

Bottom line,...What is the BEST laser to buy (in US) with $500

Thanks,
B

SuperBert

Enlightened
Yes, they are both CNI PGLIII portable modules... you do NOT want to pot mod this thing. I would highly recommend going with one of the 100mw units from optotronics (bootleg2go)... they are much more stable than the PGLIII from what I have heard and have an adjustable output. They are a little more than $500, but it will be worth the wait to save a little... maybe he will work with you a little. www.optotronics.com

SuperBert

Enlightened
Oh, and another thing, Z-bolt is Dwight Finney related, something that is very looked down upon around here... Please no one turn this into a Dwight Finney thread, this guy is looking for laser help, Im just trying to help him with his decision. If you go with the GHL from Laserglow, you are going to have to pay duties to US Customs if you live in the US to have it imported... if you go with Optotronics, you have to only pay shipping and handling

WKeasler

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the response, does Optotronics have a 50 or 75Mw version? would any of these 50Mw pop a balloon?? Dumb question,..I know,.. but this is my benchmark, ...my 4 minute mile, etc. etc. and what is the deal with Wickedlasers, if I ordered from them would I ever get it?? (customs, etc)?

SuperBert

Enlightened
I would stay away from Wicked at this point in time... sad to say, but its the safest for all of us. A 75mw version would probably suit your needs, and on the optotronics website it lists different powers under the specs for the modules, so your best bet would be to get in touch with bootleg2go. he will probably be posting on this very thread shortly.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
I doubt you would pop a ballon with a 50-75 mw green laser.
I have thought about pulling the IR filter from my crystalaser, it's putting out about 50mw of green but is driven by enough IR to burn the ink from some paper. This also makes the laser very eye unsafe and if this is done, you should have safty goggles.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
just a quickie, if you wish to pop ballons, go with the 150mw! I just watched the video on optronics web site!, now I wish I had the money!

WKeasler

Newly Enlightened
Does it really take 2 weeks for optronics to ship??

I'll order the 100Mw or the 150Mw on Monday if they can ship overnight!!

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
I belive the lead time is the time it takes for them to build it? Maby due to the lower production levels they don't keep stock on hand?
If I am incorrect some one please correct me.

SuperBert

Enlightened
the lead time is for them to get them in stock from the manufacturer...who has to build and ship it out, which can take some time. As for the shipping, wkeasler, optotronics will probably ship however you pay for it.. right now they are offering free shipping until the 15th.. if you want it faster than how they offer, youll have to pay for it.

xenophobe

Newly Enlightened
Re: HELP!!.......DPSS-50 vs GHL-50.....$500 to s

Jack already had a batch on order, the lead time is how long till he receives them, as they won't ship until all of the units are completed.

Mine was supposed to be >100mW, and I haven't had the chance to get it tested yet, but it'll pop balloons at 20 feet, and do the 10+ in a row just like the video shows. Nice unit. I'm happy.

bootleg2go

Enlightened

Hi WKeasler,
like superbert said, the leadtime is for my current order from the manufacturer. The next batch will be in by the 20th of this month and there are still some available.

Jack

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened

WKeasler
some would say the 1.2 watts would ruin the yag and ktp crystals, you would also need to redo the driver as well

SuperBert

Enlightened

Draco is certainly right, no pointer format crystal assembly will handle that much infrared, nor will the driverboard regulate for it. I would really recommend going with one of the optotronics units. Let us all know what you go for.

comozo

Enlightened
Re: HELP!!.......DPSS-50 vs GHL-50.....$500 to

Bootleg2go who is singing during that balloon popping video? I can't place her voice.

WKeasler

Newly Enlightened

Nena.... She originally wrote, and sang the lyrics in German, that's why some of the english version sounds goofy, ....but she was cute, ...nobody cared, ...and the video was somewhat cool.......(I used to be in the music biz)

Thanks for all the input guys, I've learned alot about lasers in the past 2 weeks, I am now considering buying some parts and constructing something really cool, I will keep you posted, I am a photographer and rest assured I will take pics of every step of the process.......Thanks Bootleg, I might be able to change my shoot schedule and order one of yours, but for the time being, I am investigating another route, I will also keep everyone advised of this possible solution....(could be cool) thanks again everyone, ...keep it going, ..someone out there may have some more info I can use.

Optotronics are the same as laserglow, all CNI Chinese made portable modules. Wicked Lasers offers power at an affordable price and in a more compact size. As for customs/FDA controversy, we have never let a single customer down, all shipments go through to customers, if there is a problem, we guarantee money back. To date, there has not been one documented case of a customer losing their order to customs, and has not been refunded 100% or receiving their replacement.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast

i never received the goggles i ordered from you, nor did you offer me my money back. i had to file for it from paypal. so, there is one documentation. i would like to order from you again, but the risk and stress involved would not justify my returning as a repeat customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.