Rechargables in lights?

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont know if this goes here or in the batteries section but here goes:

I'm looking to get some rechargables and dont know what kind to get. I looked around but couldnt find a list of what kind (R123, pila 150A, 150S, 168A, 168S, 18250(?) ect goes with what light.

I hope to run rechagables on my L4 and a KL1 on 1-2 cells. Is there a kind that will fit in the surefire E seris? what about running incans on them? Could I run a U2 on the same kind as I use to run the L4? What kind would that be? what other lights would run on that kind or batteries?

Sorry for my ignorance.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Pila 168s works great in the L4 or KL1 on a 2-cell body one 168s is the size of 2 123's hope that helps Jon (JSBurly's)
is my Pila guy.
There is a thread in the Dealers Corner stated by Jon about what you use your Pila's in good info also in the Reviews section Quickbeam has a list of lights he has tried or at least has word that works both worth looking at IMHO.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif edit >spellin<

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good reads Topper, I'd missed the thread in the Dealers corner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

edit - wow that answered most of my questions, but Im still wondering about the U2 and this 18250 cell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dc

Newly Enlightened
Rechargeables for U2 would be the 18650. ALot of the owner use them and r very satisfied with it. Both Aw and Emilion sell 18650 and there are 2 version of it, protected and unprotected.

Rgrds,
Daniel

NightLite

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
dc said:
Rechargeables for U2 would be the 18650. ALot of the owner use them and r very satisfied with it. Both Aw and Emilion sell 18650 and there are 2 version of it, protected and unprotected.

Both protected and unprotected give you the same output and run-time?

Rgrds,
Daniel

[/ QUOTE ]