replacement car adaptor for THOR? mine is lost

Jon03

Newly Enlightened
we have not used our THOR in quite a while, and when i went to get it from my friend, he did not know where the car adaptor was. Question: are the plugs a standard 1.3mm that could be used with that or any other similar cord? or are they the 2.1?

thanks for the tips
-Jon

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: replacement car adaptor for THOR? mine is los

I am guessing with proper polarity and wire size a standard car cord should work. If you have reverse polarity that could cause problems (usually the inner pin is +) also if the light tries to draw too much current the cord could heat up fast and possibly melt.

Jon03

Newly Enlightened

from the look of the one that came with it, its just a regular dc 12v wire with the right plug... i guess my question is how many amps does the THOR draw on high setting so that i can get one to handle it.

Jon03

Newly Enlightened

i went to radio shack and i would have to solder different pieces together to get what might not even be the exact fit. does anyone have a spare adaptor, one they don't use, a link to the manufacturer, etc. that they could inform me of? i went to the place i bought it and of course they don't have them for seperate sale

Jon03

Newly Enlightened

ALRIGHTTTT i called the [evidently] wonderful folks at cyclopse solutions about buying another one and they are dropping me one for free in the mail today (=

i did not know who actually makes these things... someone that i emailed from ebay gave me their website... good thing to know (=