Bright Incadescent headlamp with 5mm led?

WDR65

Enlightened
After getting into this headlamp stuff I've bought a Black Diamond Zenix IQ and a Petzl Myolite 3 and I have taken both back. The Zenix was nice, but the luxeon didn't have the color rendition I needed to pick out frogs or snakes around the edges of a pond. It was bright and shined far enough, I just couldn't see enough detail.
The Petzl also had features I liked and was closer to what I need, but the incandescent wasn't bright enough and didn't have enough spill. I need an incandescent hotspot about 2-3 feet across at 25 yards or so. Like my 4D maglite focused down. Also 2-4 led's for navigation along with the incandescent would be great. Also weight is not really a consideration. I'm not hiking and will rarely be more than a mile or two from my truck, its also flatland. I'd prefer AA's or C batteries, but I use a fair amount of 123's so that wouldn't be a big problem. Regulation would be a plus, but not essential. I realize that this might be kinda hard to do without costing an arm and a leg, but just knowing what's out there and what might fit the bill would be pretty useful.

Thanks in advance guys.

Dudley

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Perhaps the bin of your luxeon is the wrong color and you could replace it with a warmer white.

mrme

Enlightened
Yeah, I think the only headlamp you will find with a brighter bulb than the Myo will be the BD Soliras or other BD light with a Soliras bulb. There are a handfull out there with bulb brighter than the Myo, but they are $pecialty headlamps.

The BD headlamps have a lot of sidespill.

Goodluck.