• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak LED Solutions Q&A - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Me Too! Thank God I am close ….this is going to be a little bit still working on something for it!

[/ QUOTE ]
Heck I won't even ask about runtime. If it is relatively flat for 10 minutes I am set /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rwolff

Enlightened
A few questions:

1. A while back, I seem to recall Peak stopping "foreign" direct sales. On the dealers' page it shows "USA" as the only entry for North America. Do you lump Canada in as the 51st state, or do you treat us as foreign? If the latter, would your U.S. dealer be the place for Canadians to go?

2. Which body styles (keyring, lug, pocket) are available in the Kilmanjaro?

3. My specific interest is as a wedding present for my brother (date not yet final, but estimated to be late summer/early fall). The Kilmanjaro is shown only with single-LED heads, but before the lawsuit there were multi-LED heads available. Will a multi-LED Kilmanjaro be available within the next couple of months, and if so will it be a 3 or 5 LED design, and what runtime is expected for the high-power (not ultra) version?

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
rwolff said:
A few questions:

1. A while back, I seem to recall Peak stopping "foreign" direct sales. On the dealers' page it shows "USA" as the only entry for North America. Do you lump Canada in as the 51st state, or do you treat us as foreign? If the latter, would your U.S. dealer be the place for Canadians to go?

2. Which body styles (keyring, lug, pocket) are available in the Kilmanjaro?

3. My specific interest is as a wedding present for my brother (date not yet final, but estimated to be late summer/early fall). The Kilmanjaro is shown only with single-LED heads, but before the lawsuit there were multi-LED heads available. Will a multi-LED Kilmanjaro be available within the next couple of months, and if so will it be a 3 or 5 LED design, and what runtime is expected for the high-power (not ultra) version?

[/ QUOTE ]

A1:
That is correct we did, there were a lot of issues with the service provided through USPS Postal Service. When this happen we got complaints of missing packages. Some were true claims and there were quit a few that were NOT!

At this time we handle custom orders for over seas however for a direct item we ask that you check with either your local dealer or you can contact one of our us dealers. For Canada I know that pocketlight.com ships to Canada.

Right now I am in negotiations with Fedex & UPS for are global shipping needs. I really do not like to use them because of cost but as soon as we get the best pricing set we will then offer it direct to overseas customers as an option. Keep in mind though that you might be able to get better shipping cost from one of our dealers. Until then I know it is a pain but I ask for just a little more time on to get the best rates possible.

A2: Key Ring only, however you could have the Custom Design Center make you a Pocket version. Lug will not be made for this line.

A3:At this time only the 1 LED ( 5mm ) are made in the Kilmanjaro we also now make a 1w Luxeon model "Keno Bay" that also operates on a single AA Battery. AT this time the only other option is a 3 LED model Run Time 45cp 2.5hours 50% 10hours total through the Custom Design Center.

Have a wonderful day & Congratulations to your brother! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MJ

[email protected]
[email protected]

dtsoll

Enlightened
MJ, would the kino bay be ok to run on lithium AA's?? Thanks! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
dtsoll said:
MJ, would the kino bay be ok to run on lithium AA's?? Thanks! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, All of our models will.

MJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
One major disadvantage of Click Switch is it reduces Water-proof-ness...

Peak's Lights are not Dive Rated, but I will easily put them in water without even fearing about water geting in. (this dosent mean that other lights cannot do it... but... i will be less assured... about them)

For Click Switches, covered by rubber.... The water pressure (when dipped in water.. after a certain depth) will render a clickle useless....

Twist action is more reliable too.....

However, as days pass by .. technology is improving... and we might see better clickles ... so we might have peak's lights with clickle's ....

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you see the PeakLedSolutions.com Site.. you will see most of the pictures in and around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Water /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif thanks to MJ

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dum,
Any idea when the AAA will show up? From what I remember from the Peak thread from waaaaay back, there was mention of variable output. Have an inside information?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks,
My original Peak 3 HO AAA is still working fine but as always, I prefer the Luxeon tints and more output. As long as I can get a variable output Kino Bay AAA type by Christmas... patience is a virtue!

Robban

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ViReN said:
One major disadvantage of Click Switch is it reduces Water-proof-ness...

<snip>

[/ QUOTE ]
Although water resistance is a good thing many people would prefer the ease of use of a clickie. To be honest I've yet to come across a twistie that I've really liked (ArcAAA, CMG Ultra, Orb Raw etc).

Robban

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
NetMage said:
MJ - OT but what do you use for the site pictures?

[/ QUOTE ]
The camera used for the pictures on the site is a Canon A60

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Dallas. Have you sent any of the new lights out for review? I would love to see some testing/stats/opinions.

My Kilimanjaro 5 LED High Power is still one of my favorite pocket lights, and I prefer the twist bezel to the more common tail twisties. Looking forward to seeing Peak's scores on the luxeons.

BTW, will the CR123 models run on a (protected) R123 rechargeable cell?

Thanks.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Earlier today i noticed that the heads in the accessory section list Green as an LED color, but none of the full lights (that i checked) do. Green also isn't listed on the color page. Does anyone have green and/or know how it compares - brightness/width - to cyan?

And while we're on color, is there some advantage - other than perhaps familiarity - to choosing White over Snow?

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
AFAustin said:
Hi, Dallas. Have you sent any of the new lights out for review? I would love to see some testing/stats/opinions.

My Kilimanjaro 5 LED High Power is still one of my favorite pocket lights, and I prefer the twist bezel to the more common tail twisties. Looking forward to seeing Peak's scores on the luxeons.

BTW, will the CR123 models run on a (protected) R123 rechargeable cell?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lights for review have been shipped today. Doug and Craig are on the list of people to do the Reviews.

I have received a lot of request for a 1 LED Ultra-Power AAA to be sent to Craig and Doug. By request I have done so along with additional lights.

4x4dragon is also one of the people that will doing a review, along with Viren and a few others.

For your question the CR123 models. Yes they will.

[ QUOTE ]
archangel said:
Earlier today i noticed that the heads in the accessory section list Green as an LED color, but none of the full lights (that i checked) do. Green also isn't listed on the color page. Does anyone have green and/or know how it compares - brightness/width - to cyan?

And while we're on color, is there some advantage - other than perhaps familiarity - to choosing White over Snow?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry, I really need to work on updating some information. My goal next week is nothing but.

The Green LED's have been moved to a Custom Order. I need to remove the Green as a standard stock item. Also to your question on the White/Snow. The answer is NO, we have been using Snow LED's when selecting white for sometime now. I will be remove White as and option with an explanation for people who do not know.

That brings me to some more information.

It has come to my attention that the charts on are website are out of date. The reason for this is because on the New "Snow29" LED that we have been using for about the last month. What does this mean you ask?

This means the output is a little higher now in brightness. We still drive them the same it is just the quality of the LED's have once again got better. I will be re doing all the charts between this weekend and next week.

Here is an example of what you can see when I am finished.

Example: AAA 3 LED HP as it reads now 54cp the New "Snow29" 79cp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Needless to say I have a lot of work to do all over again so please bare with me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Also I have spent a lot of time on question in relation to Nichia CS LED's. Do to the large request we have add some information to our website in relation to this to make it easier to answer peoples questions. You can view this information here http://www.peakledsolutions.net/NichavsSnow.html

Have Wonderful weekend guys! I will post more as it gets done.

MJ
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.