Flashlight tv commercials

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure everyone is familiar with the MagLite tv commercials that have aired for several years now, epecially around the holidays. Has anyone seen any other tv commercials for flashlights lately, or even in the past? Please describe any you remember.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
I've seen a commercial for a LED light that didn't use batteries, it was shaken instead. It used only one LED, most likely a 5mm and they were making a bunch of outrageous claims about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I've seen ads for Surefire in various mzagazines, but not on TV.

attowatt

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Former_Mag_User said:
I've seen a commercial for a LED light that didn't use batteries, it was shaken instead. It used only one LED, most likely a 5mm and they were making a bunch of outrageous claims about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... I too have seen the same one. They talk about farady's principle of magnetic induction and show a formula on tv screen. Like I got time to pull out my electronic book to see if it's correct /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I do recall seeing 1 about 6 months ago on a card they call owl lite. looks pretty cool like a credit card and has window magnifying glass and a itty bitty light on the backside so it lights up what you are reading, ie menu at dinner. I have thought about getting that one. Dont know if batteries can be replaced. or if led or incan.

Jim

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one of those shakem light sets. 1 big, 1 medium, 1 small for $20. The big one works better than you would think. Holds a charge for days after being shaken. Decent light up close, never will need a battery. Made of clear plastive has magnet on shaft the boonces in and out of coil. They wanted more $$ on TV, I found mine on Internet.

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, never seen a TV ad for a light. Was a rather funny incident on the London Underground once though, where by pure chance I ended up sitting under an ad for Maglite. My mate seemed to think this was a highly amusing co incidence, and it took me a good five minutes to work out what he was chuckling at.

That's the only time I've seen flashlights advertised at all aside from here.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
attowatt said:
[ QUOTE ]
Former_Mag_User said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... I too have seen the same one. They talk about farady's principle of magnetic induction and show a formula on tv screen. Like I got time to pull out my electronic book to see if it's correct /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I do recall seeing 1 about 6 months ago on a card they call owl lite. looks pretty cool like a credit card and has window magnifying glass and a itty bitty light on the backside so it lights up what you are reading, ie menu at dinner. I have thought about getting that one. Dont know if batteries can be replaced. or if led or incan.

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the one attowatt! Then they show a Police Officer endorsing it.

"I carry this $200 flashlight, but it needs to be recharged everyday. I also carry the everlite LED it never needs batteries!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

I'd feel bad if he was a real Officer and he was using that light.