E2L vs. T4

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have recently been in the market for a high-quality but-reasonably priced, pocketable, and rechargeable luxeon thrower (whew....that's a mouthful!). I've had an E2L for a couple of weeks now and am growing fonder of it by the day. It throws a good-sized spot a moderate distance, very nice beam (if the "rings" don't bother you, and they don't me), and Surefire build quality. The long clip keeps it conveniently attached just inside my front pants pocket. I usually click the Z57 on and actually use it as a twistie most of the time, but it's nice to have the options. The rechargeable aspect is very competently provided by AW's protected R123s and charger, which I have been very pleased with.

However, in the best CPF tradition, I couldn't leave well enough alone, and so succumbed to a really good deal on a T4 a few days ago, which should arrive tomorrow. I seem to recall that Quickbeam rates the throws of these two little guys about the same. The E2L is a good bit smaller, but the T4 is a good bit cheaper (esp. considering no need for a separate charging system). Runtime should favor the T4, but I swear my E2L seems to run a long time on the R123s.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the comparison, and am wondering if anyone else has put these two head to head. Additionally, if anyone could recommend any other contenders in this category, I'd be pleased to hear about it.

Lambert

Newly Enlightened
T3 throws much farther (2000LUX+) than the T4. Don't know if T3 will work with protected cells though.