Peak Kino Bay AA.........Anybody???

dtsoll

Enlightened
Hey folks,
Anybody have a Kino Bay AA from Peak?? Any thoughts on this light?? I think they are kinda cool, just may have to get one!!! I love AA lights anyway, why not get one? Well, your thoughts???? Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kino Bay AA from Peak LED Solutions is one great light. The Shape & Size just perfect for my requirements. I have placed an order for this light. You will see a review about this light from me soon.

From the Basics, It's a 1 AA Light with a Luxeon I / III LED in it. The LED is driven at 1 Watt Levels. The runtime will be in accordance with that i.e. about 1.5 to 2 hours. Drop in a Ni-MH AA cell and you will see almost a flat discharge curve for more duration (depending upon the capacity of the Ni-MH cell). Lithium's Of course are also nice to run them.

at $69.95 ...I feel Its rightly priced light.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most Probably, It's Luxeon III, Driven at 1 Watt Levels....

is Luxeon I Still Available from Future Electronics ???

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes, i have one coming for review also.

i tend to be a 1XAA Luxeon light connesieur as you could probably tell from my past/recent posts and the fact that i've had 2 TNC Keylux AA's and i currently EDC a Micro-mag with madmax. also just obtained the 2 Nuwai 1XAA lights(i know, not luxeon, but you get the point /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

ChrisA

Enlightened
Looking forward to reading the reviews, as I'm also interested in that light. The thing that bugs me about it right now is the relatively steep discharge curve shown at the peak web page . I hope this will change using a NiMH or a Li cell...

Chris