Surefire B90 Battery Pack...dissected...

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the two Ni-Cad battery packs that I have are defective, and I contacted SF, and will be receiving two new packs, BUT WAS WARNED NOT TO USE THE DEFECTIVE PACKS IN THE CHARGER. She was very adamant about this...Anyways, I took one pack, and cut it open. The pic is here: http://photos.yahoo.com/b90a

--dan

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Related topic...I also dissected a Stinger battery pack, and the construction is identicle...GO figure...

Off topic side note: The SF 6C was the model before the 6P, and hasn't been made in 10 or so years. They show up periodically at ebay...

--dan

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
dano:

Do you know if the connection hardware was defective or one or more cells?

If the hardware is good, would you like to sell it for modest consideration to people who could use it to build 3000 mAh NiMH or 2400 mAh NiCad super-B90 packs?

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Tombeis:

I'll be able to read my email on Monday.

Since my prior post I have sold my B90 dumb charger to one CPF'er and my 8X with 2 B90's and beamshaper to another.

Timing is everything. I hadn't realized, for example, that I only needed to buy a LA and a "collar" to use my 3" turbohead with the 8X.

Oh, well.

Tombeis

Enlightened
Lemlux:

In the e-mail I said I had some B90 batteries I would send you for free if you woud keep me posted as to what you built and how well they worked.

I will mail them if you still need them.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I havent played too much with the defective B90's, so I'm not sure what's reponsible for the defect. I'm going to use the hardware to build a few packs...

On another note, SF is saying 6-8 WEEKS until new B90's will ship...Jeez, SF should stick to lithium powere lights...

--dan

LittleJoseph

Newly Enlightened
Dano,

I know this a very old thread, however, if it's possible, I'd like to obtain a copy of the photo (both the B90 and the stinger) which you dissected. The yahoo site you provided is no longer valid. Something like me, TOO old!
Any assistance is appreciated.

Have a GREAT Day!

Steve

"The difference between a successful person & others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
Vince Lombardi