Whats next from Surefire

sbebenelli

Enlightened
What do you think will be next from Surefire? Or what would you like to see next from them? They have a nice line up of LED and incandescent lights now I think.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I wish they could find a way to shrink the L2's length a bit. Upgraded LEDs on the Aviators would be nice too.

glock_nor_cal

Enlightened
affordable hid for the public/local le who cant afford the ridiculous price they charge for the beast

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
L4 with U2-style variable power dial.

Regulated E2e incan.

Their 10-watt LED (no, not a typo) proto that PK showed off at SHOT 2005. Hmm..

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
L4 Ultra and E1L/E2L Ultras (meaning they all use variable power dials).

Every new incan fully regulated.

Hmm...unfortunately prices will go up with those features too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Maybe something new we should see from surefire is lower prices!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

W4DIZ

Enlightened
Regulated incans would be great.I would love to see a regulated E2E.
Over 100 lumen U2 (10 watt)

HWilliam

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
IMTRBO said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Would there be any functional differences between an L4 and an E2L if they both had variable power controls?

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
HWilliam said:
[ QUOTE ]
IMTRBO said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Would there be any functional differences between an L4 and an E2L if they both had variable power controls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, The L4 is a 5 watt and the E1L is a 3 watt. The optics/reflectors are also different, they make the EL1 a throw light, and the L4 a flood light.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
A L1 with a reflector and a regulated low beam, by this I mean a circuit for the low beam instead of a resistor.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
3" sis'ed turbohead with HA3, 3 cell nitrolon lights with lotc, regulated versions of the current incan line, HID M6, aviator with a K2 lux...

HWilliam

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, The L4 is a 5 watt and the E1L is a 3 watt. The optics/reflectors are also different, they make the EL1 a throw light, and the L4 a flood light.

[/ QUOTE ]

And, looking at the pictures on Sean's site, an "Ultra" L4 would then be just about the perfect do-almost-everything light, chasing evil-doers in huge dark warehouses/stadiums/wheat-fields excepted. Thanks.

I'd like to see Surefire produce a complete set of comparision pictures like Sean's under totally controlled conditions. That would make a great addition to their catalog and site, IMO.

Gander_Man

Newly Enlightened
I'd like them to build a light like the L4 with a "gas tank" that [much the same way the 'Info Lithium' batteries allow Sony Camcorders to give you a constant real time read on how much longer your battery will last] this light would have a "fuel remaining" led "bar graph" inset along the handle.

That said, my prediction is the next light they will introduce is an Avaitor with pink LED's. Just a wild guess though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.
- Russ

greenLED

Flashaholic
A regulated incan/Lux hybrid would be sweet.

Regulated executive lights would be nice too.

Lowering their prices! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I'd like:

U1 (1 cell U2)

U3 (3 cell U2)

U4 (4 cell U2)

L4 size with multiple settings

KL1 / KL3 Lux III with reflector

CONSTANT REGULATION on MORE INCANDESCENT MODELS

SolarFlare

Enlightened
2 stage LED in an E1e body, the drop in is nearly available anyway, but they could jump it. I think surefire are pretty happy with what they produce, and really don't care what we think!

The thing I'd like most to see from surefire is competative pricing, its been a long time since I looked at a surefire light and thought "thats a good light,for the price".

Just my opinion but the death of incan in EDC is imminent