• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wiz 2 X 2 available in Shoppe?

PeterB

Enlightened
I just wondered, if the new McLux III PD converter will be available as seperate item in the sandwich shoppe?

RchGrav

Newly Enlightened
I would think it would be harder to implement due to the two output levels. I'm sure you couldn't implement the Wiz2x2 in the same way Don does in his piston drive due to the way the Killroy switch works.

You would need to have 2 switches on the light you were converting to make a Wiz2x2 work. With the second switch depending on the first switch being engaged. Maybe the increased difficulty of a retrofit is the current reason for it to be unavailable.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I believe a off/on/both-on switch based on a DPDT could be used with wiz2x2 in a host like a mag forinstance. The converter as it is with the Killroy and Contact ring can be designed into any type of twisty pack to head configuration. This converter contact package is at the heart of my larger and simple HD45 that is yet to be released. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

As to if and when the converter may be available as a discreet component, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I think both Wayne and I might be taking baby steps here and hoping to grow into the x2 generation at a pace manageable as well as allowing for tweaking and revisions deemed warranted as we get a better handle on these fellas. Obviously I don't speak for Wayne or Cindy and can only offer my perceptions and opinnion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
This converter contact package is at the heart of my larger and simple HD45 that is yet to be released. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif .........

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget that the Wiz2 is available to fit the Ecan and works beautifully with any Aleph using a single R-CR123.

My Aleph II, with a Wiz2 @ 750, and a TYOH lux gives my PD with UX1K a good run for its money.

Anyone using re chargables needs to take a good look at this driver.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an FYI. I'm rolling the board to rev2 to address some component layout issues. If the new revision comes with a clean bill of health then at that time the board will be available on the shoppe.

Sorry for any delays.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The driver first and foremost will be heading to Don to make PDs and his Titanium Lights. I have a feeling his Titanium lights will be in more demand than he expects. If there is stock left over it will roll over to the shoppe for sale. Since this will be the first production run the quantity will be small in nature till we can prove it out.

I do have inventory of the NGX2 driver and will have shortly the new Shark converter board. I have not put the NGX2 online. No real reason why. It's an awesome driver.

Wayne

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the X2 series are phsically compatible. They all take the same contact ring and Kilroy and have the same board diameter.

The boards in the series are:

Wiz2X2 (buck/boost)

NGX2 (Boost only, single cell only 3V-4.2V)

DBX2 (Step down , buck)

NewBB ... Ooopps. I didn't call this an X2 driver in the name. This is the 5W driver and one of these days it'll come out.

Wayne

cy

Flashaholic
will any of current x2 boards support a 5watt if vf is low enough?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NewBB will drive a LuxV without issues.

It's the driver I would use on single Li-ion configuration or 2X123 configuraiton. the NewBB is a beefier version of the current Badboy driver.

With maximum input current of ~4A you should have no problems driving a LuxV of any Vf.

Wayne

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the X2 drivers (including NewBB) are PD compatible.

X2 drivers are larger and not compatible with the Aleph Light engine.

Wayne