Arc-AAA beta test and general topics - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]

Btw, the minimum startup of the Arc-AAA is about 0.85 volts and it will run down to about 0.15 volts. I have yet to see another AAA light on the market that can do that. Many require at least 1 volt or higher to startup.

The value in this wide operating range is that the light is more likely to fire with a weak battery or a battery that is cold. As the tempurature drops, most chemistries loose their cell voltage. As the light gets colder (below 40 degrees F), it becomes more difficult to start/run a light. As the temp drops further, competitor lights just won't start. Eventually, the Arc-AAA also gives in but at a lower tempurature than the rest I have tested.

Of course, this is a mute point if you are using only lithiums. But it would be nice to now the light could handle quite a bit of variation if the situation gets weird. Sometimes, the only battery available in a situation is not the one you would have picked in a perfect world.

(just saw your post about the heat). The Arc-AAA does warm up a little if it is left on for several hours. It should never get hot though (unless you are in the vaccum of space /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) because the aluminum body presents a good radiating surface for this size LED. The leads and the base of the LED are immersed in a PCB potting compound that helps transfer the heat to the housing.

Working on the website today...

Peter

--------------------
www.arcflashlight.com

Edited by Gransee (07/01/05 02:38 PM)

[/ QUOTE ]

Warm is ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also noticed the new image... may i politely suggest you Gransee to change that image ... it looks like "UV" Light ...has purple tinge in the "Reflector" portion .. we know the LED is white... we also know that the camera is not responding properly... but what we also know is that you are not good at photography /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif ... and this fact is not known to others (general public) who will be visiting your site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

so adjust the image so that the front portion looks perfectly white.. or has the "natural" Blue tinge...

Thanks for listning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
bannerad-newArc-AAA.jpg

Just seen it ... and it's more of purple now... I pulled up the image just to show it here... (coz.. hotlinking is not allowed)

with the purple tint ...the Banner Ad... isn't looking nice at all...

d_clark

Newly Enlightened
Send one to me, I'll take a stab at getting a good picture.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey, can't blame a guy for trying can ya?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the site does seem to be working, although it is far from perfect in my opinion. The web guy stayed late to get it going for us. Before he left he said, "don't touch it until I show you how on tuesday!" Heh... I decided to add a little note about how we are only accepting Paypal right now (the Visa and Mastercard are awaiting approval from the processor) and I ended up breaking the AAA page. It is working again now. It turns out the handy editor my host provides decided to replace all the "<" and ">" symbols with "&" symbols. Odd.

Several people have already got their orders in. I'll watch it for a bit and if it appears to be working ok, I would like to announce it officially.

Peter

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the new site too. Looks very easy to navigate and easy on the eyes.

So far I have not had any problems with the Arc AAA-P. Banging the light on hard floors only dents the + end of the battery. The light remains unaffected.

So the bottom line is I can't find anything wrong with the light or it's functionality. Great job Peter!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are right Greg. I am still tweaking the site, I'll add the text. These are pre-orders. We have the lights but we are waiting on the card inserts for the retail packaging.

Peter

nightshade

Enlightened
Preorder placed, feels good to order Arc products again. Thanks for coming back Peter and Merri.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually Cameron, you could use the paypal credit card processing. Good idea. Until we get the CC system working directly on the site, that could be an avenue for people who need it.

The site continues to take orders. Has anyone had any problems? I haven't got any new emails about issues with the site. I may announce it officially later tonight.

Peter

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered 3 Premiums. Our long, national nightmare has finally ended. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

PG: I urge adding USPS in addition to FedEx. I'm sure you have your reasons for sticking with one delivery agent, but I've found that USPS is the easiest means of sneaking new lights into the house past Mrs. Powernoodle. No pesky knock at the door for which I have to offer an explanation.

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.