Going camping at Shenandoah

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going to do a little camping and backpacking in the northern section of Shenandoah National Park this weekend so I'm going to get some quality time to play with my lights!

Also, the wife and I plan on spending at least one night in the Matthews Arm campground so if any CPF'ers are planning on being in the area look for the guy with a silly number of flashlights (especially the Surefire L2) and the green jeep cherokee and feel free to swing by and say "Hi".

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wish I was there! Hiked the White Mountains extensively, would love to experience the Shenandoah's as well. Pictures I've seen look so beautiful. Hope you have a good time and weather cooperates.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a while since I was there, but it's truly a beautiful place. Pretty tough to beat in that part of the country, IMO..

C4LED

Enlightened
Great Place! I'd suggest red wine (if you haven't considered that already), and you've got great weather this weekend. The sunset can be viewed from some of the overlooks.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back from the trip and we had a GREAT time! We had good temps (cooler at night for nice sleeping) and some VERY pleasant people in the campsite next to us.

For the record, Shenandoah racoons do not like an L2 on high and will amble off pretty quickly but the deer just stand there frozen in place.

We won an informal "best 4th of July campsite" contest because I had red, white, and blue LEDs strung up along the ridge of our tent based on this design so we got a package of Chips-Ahoy cookies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Really, it was a great weekend.